Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 108
Fullhalfglass
October 1, 2016, 5:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Well .... we did  bring 500 , and we did get 3 points , and we've proved that Toto and Amond are good signings ....  I thought before the season started you lot would be in the play offs and we may not be far behind ...I still think that ...We've been threatening that type of result for weeks now , you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 108
ginnywings
October 1, 2016, 6:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Fullhalfglass
Well .... we did  bring 500 , and we did get 3 points , and we've proved that Toto and Amond are good signings ....  I thought before the season started you lot would be in the play offs and we may not be far behind ...I still think that ...We've been threatening that type of result for weeks now , you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time ..

Fair summary. We are good at getting teams back on form with indecisive finishing and defending. Had we got a goal in that first 20 mins, then it would have been a long afternoon for you. We decided however to have a dodgy 15 minute spell at the back and you grew in confidence from there. You look a decent side to be fair but your left back should have gone for that assault on Chambers, whose tracking back we sorely missed. All the goals came from his side of the pitch. Good luck for the rest of the season and let's hope we can break the hoodoo at yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 108
moosey_club
October 1, 2016, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 229

Really wasnt that impressed with you today, we assisted the first two goals with diabolical defending up until then we were looking well in control, third goal again against run of play but a beauty and followed an almighty scramble where Carson made a couple of excellent saves , after that it was game over.
We didnt make use of our chances / good positions but you did. Not 0-3 game on general balance but hey, thats footy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 108
BLUETHRUANDTHRU
October 1, 2016, 6:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -258

I did try and tell but would they listen ,now i have heard those words before ,we are now six unbeaten and someone was going to get a tonking along the way i have to admit the first 20 mins i thought it might be us getting a tonking but we are much more resiliant since our defeat at Stevenage .
But got to admit going forward you seem to have it but you have to finish your chances ,that was us early in the season scoring but not finnishing teams of today we did ,so good look for the rest of the season i may be back from time to time  enjoy been back in the league and lets hope you don`t get to downhearted from this result ,we showed that after Stevenage 6-1 defeat pick yourselves up and go again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 108
Grantley
October 1, 2016, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Aye, one good game proves that they were good signings.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 108
Fullhalfglass
October 1, 2016, 9:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
The reason you never got that goal in the first 20 mins is that we have assembled a half decent defence ! ....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 108
October 1, 2016, 9:06pm
Guest User
Embarassing defeat that.
Reply: 77 - 108
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,028
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from Grantley
Toto was superb.

He was not tested TBH as we where fcukin clueless in the final 3rd.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 108
BLUETHRUANDTHRU
October 1, 2016, 9:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -258
Quoted from 75
Embarassing defeat that.

WHY ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DON`T BE TO DOWNHEARTED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.