Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 67 Guests

Next England Manager ?

This thread currently has 3,695 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 29, 2016, 9:58am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
Southgate might as well be given the chance

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 28
Abdul19
September 29, 2016, 10:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,627
Gold Stars: 220
Neil Woods could win that qualifying group before going out in the first/second round so does it even matter?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
supertown
September 29, 2016, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,480
Gold Stars: 53
They will play safe and give it to Southgate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 29, 2016, 11:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from promotion plaice

England were embarrassed at the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil, exiting the competition in the group stages after defeats to Italy and Uruguay, and then suffered humiliation at Euro 2016 after being dumped out of the tournament in France by minnows Iceland.

But could it have been a different story for England had they accepted the call from a certain Pep Guardiola in 2012?

The Catalan coach had just entered into a 12-month sabbatical following four exhausting years as the head coach of Barcelona but was apparently interested in the prospect of becoming England manager - for some reason.

Clough all over again

Both of them would have failed. Guardiola is a club manager, needs day to day contact with players and at that time had absolutely no experience of England or English players. Still hasn't got a lot.. Clough needed the day to day too but his big gob would have got him the sack very fast anyway.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Hagrid
September 29, 2016, 11:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
not hoddle, the mans a disgrace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 29, 2016, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from supertown
They will play safe and give it to Southgate

I think so too and they will be wrong. He's too soft. He's grown up in the caring "man management" mould, been on all the right courses, puts his arm round the shoulder .......

We need a bar steward. That's one reason I'm disappointed in Allardyce. I did think he had that quality about him of making players grown up and take responsibility. We need someone to do that and tell the little prima donnas what's what. "Play as well for me as you do for your club or you are out ..... hear me Sterling?"

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
Cloudy
September 29, 2016, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

I think so too and they will be wrong. He's too soft. He's grown up in the caring "man management" mould, been on all the right courses, puts his arm round the shoulder .......

We need a bar steward. That's one reason I'm disappointed in Allardyce. I did think he had that quality about him of making players grown up and take responsibility. We need someone to do that and tell the little prima donnas what's what. "Play as well for me as you do for your club or you are out ..... hear me Sterling?"

Do you really think that will work with todays multi millionaire prima donna's?

International football for England is dead, players clearly dont care and more and more fans have the same attitude. Many of here are only interested in Town and it is the same around the country.

Add the ruling bodies inability to have any degree of control and that is why (IMO )
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
MeanwoodMariner
September 29, 2016, 12:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
There's only one man who can save the nation now. Steve "Unfinished Business" McClaren.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 29, 2016, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
There's only one man who can save the nation now. Steve "Unfinished Business" McClaren.

You mean the man who single handedly demolished the umbrella manufacturing industry?

On the plus side - nobody will offer a bung to someone who has nothing to offer in return.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
grimsby pete
September 29, 2016, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
It does not matter who gets the job,

Its the players who can not perform at  the finals that's the problem.

We will win the next 3 easy games then draw with Spain,

So Southgate will get the job.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next England Manager ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.