chaos33
June 28, 2016, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,005
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from chaos33
Seems he's regarded as better than Berrett on last seasons showing. RH reported that he scored 8 goals from midfield in L2 last season and that's including a substantial period out with a head injury.

And five people either disagreed with, or disliked that reporting of a piece of pertinent factual information about the player - in itself, quite an impressive bit of data and therefore positive. There are a fair few cranks who inhabit this board alright.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
mariner2000
June 28, 2016, 6:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Teesknees

I don't know, that's why I asked, I was just curious to know how it works?

just taking the mick as it's a bizarre phrase that the Telegraph/Hurst trotted out before signings began, I'm not sure what it implies his transfer policy was last year or the year before but this year it's okay they are "hand picked"!

I think the early implication was you will have never heard of any of them but have faith in me as I know what I'm doing and if I pick them they must be good!  Either that or it was a dig at the club for not having any scouts.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 41 - 53
mariner2000
June 28, 2016, 6:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Welcome aboard luke.

Their is a difference in playing in a team on the up rather than playing for york struggling for the past few years.

Now a couple of strikers please paul.

"Couple"!

I would expect at least 3 please.  We know PH likes 4, quite sensibly, and only has Bogle (Chambers is not and I hope will not be used up front).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 42 - 53
June 28, 2016, 7:03pm
Guest User
And all this before the end of June. I'm impressed. Will be a very very different side. Have to say, on paper Town already look a lot stronger.
Reply: 43 - 53
cannylad68
June 28, 2016, 7:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Great signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
UTMariners
June 28, 2016, 7:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
UTMariners
June 28, 2016, 8:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
Nelly GTFC
June 28, 2016, 10:23pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,776
Gold Stars: 31
48 minutes in, BBC York reporter gives a good postive comments on him >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ydcyq#play]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ydcyq#play[/url]

York City reporter says: "Attack minded midfielder, great long range shot on him, likes to get forward, decent range of passing, can switch play with 30 yard passes.  Will do good with defensive holding midfielders giving him the space to get forward into deep areas."

On 'Mariners Player' Summerfield says: "He's creative and likes to make things happen, Box-to-Box midfielder, scores mainly with long range efforts."

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
forza ivano
June 29, 2016, 7:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,299
Gold Stars: 266
Sounds like a midfield version of Pittman I.e. Quite capable at playing a division higher but injuries have led to his current level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
Grim74
June 29, 2016, 9:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Welcome Luke!

Seems we are giving out 2 year deals like confetti now shame Hust couldn't offered a similar deal to the players who got us promoted.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Summerfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.