Reply: 10 - 27
Abdul19
April 25, 2016, 1:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
I'd look forward to him texting me with ticket news at 2 in the morning.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Davec
April 25, 2016, 1:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
I would be delighted if we appointed Westley, he's got promotion from this league and from league 2 before
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Bigdog
April 25, 2016, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Davec
I would be delighted if we appointed Westley, he's got promotion from this league and from league 2 before

I agree. We would be very lucky to attract someone of his calibre and experience especially if we were non league. We need someone with his knowledge of League One and League Two players and playing standards. To win the Conference we need to be playing consistently as good as a top half League Two team or mid-table League One team. If we get promoted and Hurst leaves it will put us in a better position to have a quick look around. If we lose in the play-offs, and he was willing to come, I'd sign him up immediately to get an early start on trying to re-sign our best players and assemble his squad as soon as possible. If Hurst goes we can't afford to deliberate and take too long in getting a replacement in.

The board should always be updating a list of potential managerial candidates for any contingency anyway.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
forza ivano
April 25, 2016, 3:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,236
Gold Stars: 266
apart from PNE, where he'd have earnt a decent salary, he's a Southerner, Couldn't see him straying this far North for a lesser salary than his P'boro one. Plenty of decent lower/non league clubs in the South who'll offer him what he wants
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2016, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,275
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Davec

Perhaps you could add that to your message to GYFR?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
HertsGTFC
April 25, 2016, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,977
Gold Stars: 228
When Whestley was Manager at Stevenage I saw them a couple of times when they where in the PO Campaign to come into League 1 and actually I have to say they had a really good mix of ability and physicality and it was clear that similar to the likes of Gary Johnson he knew how to set a team up to win games at that level without resorting to long ball.

He built that team with a mix of free/cheap signings and also players who he had brought up with him when they came up from the Conference and the players looked like they wanted to play for him.

I doubt he would come to us but he has a good pedigree at this level and would in theory be able to take us forward, he is a typical Southerner though so may not be to the liking of some around the club.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Grantley
April 25, 2016, 5:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
While he's a good manager, he's also a girl private.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Rik e B
April 25, 2016, 10:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Considering the main gripe against Hurst is his lack of a "Plan B" there seems to be a lot of people unhappy that some fans are actually considering one for the club.

The board should be busy as we speak with shady backroom plans sounding out the highest calibre managers as possible for an immediate smooth transition should disaster come to us and there mass mutiny among the fans -to inspire our best players not to jump rudderless ship and provide immediate inspiration and galvanisation.

This should be a highly secretive process mind.

'It's easy spending someone else's money' yes, but would it pay dividends longer term to invest in an attractive pay package to entice a top manager?

You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Problem is if it blows up got to pay him off.

More likely though Hurst has reached the targets set for him and they plan to keep the status quo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
aldi_01
April 26, 2016, 6:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not thanks...not a nice bloke and we aren't currently looking. The non league mourinho is out of work, what about him?

There's a reason Peterborough have sacked him...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham Westley - Available

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.