Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 41,323 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Sussexmariner
February 20, 2016, 7:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
Around this time last season I was ridiculed  and laughed at for suggesting Hurst be sacked after drawing to Chester and be replaced by Magnay.

A silly idea I know but the point was I had absolutely no faith in Hurst getting us promoted and I based that opinion on the season we had before and the season we had before that and the season we had before that etc etc do you get my point?

Nothing has happened this season that has changed my mind that this season will be any different from the previous 4, the inconsistency, negative tactics, poor substitutions, no plan B, misplaced loyalty on certain players and expecting the fans to believe that we don't deserve him.

I've had my signature thingy at the bottom of each post for the last 3 season and I still stand by it

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 218
grimsby pete
February 20, 2016, 8:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Jose lost the players but never the fans,

If a great manager like him can not get the best out of his squad,

Hurst has no chance he has lost both the changing room and the fans,

Well most of them anyway,

Look how Chelsea have picked up since bringing in a new man in at the top.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 218
Cumbrian Mariner
February 20, 2016, 8:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Message to PH just to remind you what was aired in your post match interview;

"First and foremost I would like to thank the Grimsby fans who have travelled here today in massive numbers to support the team.
it is unfortunate that a small number responded to the poor performance of the team in the way they did, that was unnecessary, but we did not perform as a team and let them down today.  We have had a team discussion and our frustrations as a group have been aired, what was said will remain within the team,all I can say is that it was open and frank.  As a group we have to learn from today and relay the supporters with the results they, and we, aim and strive for.  The fans were certainly not spoilt today and on behalf of myself and the players I would like to apologise.  In sticking together, as a club, we will become stronger"

Oh wouldn't that be lovely!

Onwards and upwards, born Mariner and always a Mariner!

UT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 218
grimsby pete
February 20, 2016, 8:51pm

Exile
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner

"First and foremost I would like to thank the Grimsby fans who have travelled here today in massive numbers to support the team.
it is unfortunate that a small number responded to the poor performance of the team in the way they did, that was unnecessary, but we did not perform as a team and let them down today.  We have had a team discussion and our frustrations as a group have been aired, what was said will remain within the team,all I can say is that it was open and frank.  As a group we have to learn from today and relay the supporters with the results they, and we, aim and strive for.  The fans were certainly not spoilt today and on behalf of myself and the players I would like to apologise.  In sticking together, as a club, we will become stronger"

Oh wouldn't that be lovely!

Onwards and upwards, born Mariner and always a Mariner!

UT

OR

We have let our great fans down on too many occasions since I have been in charge,

So I resign.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 218
livosnose
February 20, 2016, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Agreed time to go Hirst out

[img][/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 218
marinerjase
February 20, 2016, 9:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 155
Think Hurst's tenure will end whether we win Play Offs or not (assuming we are in them). Ever developing rift with some fans, not really progressing as a team /style.
  In actual fact, as much as you don't like to see people lose jobs - I suspect Hurst will go voluntarily if we fail to get into the League this time. I'm also pretty sure he'd get a job elsewhere if he wanted one quite quickly.

Problem being who do you entrust then to take us over the line on an even more reduced budget? Not an easy answer. Personally I'd go for someone with no ties past or present with the club. But someone who has what it takes/has experience of achieving - but that won't come cheaply. Plus they'll want own squad etc.

Thats why this season IS that important...it isn't over yet and maybe the blip is best to occur now than in a month or so time. Time to sit down,reflect,react and then put it right. Starting Tuesday.

Pearson in for me instead of Ansiala. Get playing ball on floor, utilise pace of Arnold out wide, press opposition like they were doing until December. Force mistakes. Start to play as a team again. Any bad influences/ego's..cast them aside.

Honestly cant see Hurst going anywhere until season is over/dead. So I guess it's now a case of support as well  as players/manager doing what they can to turn things around.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 218
gaz57
February 20, 2016, 9:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner

it is unfortunate that a small number responded to the poor performance of the team

UT

Listening to  radio it sounded like a lot more than a small number.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 218
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2016, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from ROKERITE

I fear you are right. The Woking match is huge, fail to win and Hurst should be out on Wednesday. I am not one who believes John Fenty has been bad for Grimsby Town over all. The one time I felt he needed to act quickly and didn't was in the season the club were relegated. I believed that Woods should have been replaced in January, 2010 and a new man brought in. Mr Fenty was too loyal to Woods and failed to do what was required. I hope he's learned from that because this season can still end in triumph; but if you're right (and Tuesday should give some indication of whether you are) then John Fenty must act quickly and decisively or the season will wither away.

I don't think Fenty  will have learned anything from his past mistakes. If Hurst was sacked (unlikely) or resigned, there will be no acting quickly or decisively.

He will ask for applications, which will take weeks and then make the wrong choice anyway.

Other owners would have all these possible outcomes in mind, and have a man in mind that would fit the bill, but I have no faith in Fenty whatsoever.

I was hoping against hope that Hurst would take us up, simply to avoid Fenty having to make any decisions but even that hope is receding.

I don't know whats gone wrong in the last month, as we seemed to have a really close knit team, but we better get it sorted asap to get into those play offs where anything can happen.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 218
friskneymariner
February 20, 2016, 10:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Lenny Lawrence was lined up before Buckley was sacked that worked out well.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 218
grimsby pete
February 20, 2016, 10:31pm

Exile
It does not matter what we think Fenty will not sack Hurst until we can not make the play offs,

If we make Wembley again he will give Hurst another year even if we lose the final,

Next year he will have to manage without our £110,000.

I will not give him any of my money while he is in charge.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 218
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.