This thread currently has 8,044 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
the driver
October 10, 2015, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
The thing for me you lose two first team defenders through the match bring on two who one that makes the odd mistakes and one that has not played in the first team for a while clean sheet yes I would has loved to win have to accept a draw ,the long grass issue yes it's the same for both teams but favours the home team my grandson plays local football and one club always leave the grass long spoils the game every time ,role on Tuesday if we can cobble a team together
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Maringer
October 10, 2015, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,756
Gold Stars: 189
I realise it was in the division above, but let's not forget that Amond has scored less goals than Tomlinson in each of the last 3 seasons. Tomlinson obviously has had some goals in him at this level, even if he's not got one for us yet so I don't think playing him is exactly all that defensive!

This is not to say I wouldn't like to see more of Amond and I'd have started with him ahead of Bogle today. Don't doubt he'd have found his way onto the pitch if it hadn't been for the first half injuries.

Listening to the interview, it sounds as though there is concern about a few injuries, not just Gowling and Robertson. Hopefully not too many of them will be unavailable on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
grimsby pete
October 10, 2015, 7:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 223
Sometimes injuries force you to pick a certain team,

AND

Sometimes that team comes up with the goods,

Lets hope so on Tuesday.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Tommy
October 10, 2015, 7:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Not been to Braintree so can't comment on the performance.

Disappointed by the result today. We can take positives from it and point to the fact that it extends the unbeaten run, but I thought we'd stop being happy to draw so many games this season. It's good being unbeaten but serious championship challenging sides go on WINNING runs and aren't content with draws at Braintree.

I'm not suggesting Hurst is sacked but we're coming across like a side that is targeting the play-offs.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
ginnywings
October 10, 2015, 8:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Just got home from the in-laws in Mablethorpe hoping for a bit of good news to see we have drawn yet again. Some will say it's a good point away from home but the draws are all too frequent. If the Bromley side we dismantled at BP can win 8 of their last 9 games, why can we never do the same? The tools are there but they seem to be used in a haphazard fashion all too often. Play off lottery looming again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
essexexile
October 10, 2015, 9:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Went today and looked liked 4 5 1 to me with Bogle on his own (out in the cold?) and largely clueless and ineffective certainly no 'partnership' with Tomlinson who played like a midfielder not a striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
grimps
October 10, 2015, 9:03pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 50
Yeah it's seems strange we haven't scored many since we broke up the partnership of our two top scorers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Unbeaten in 9 i think but no excitement in that at all.

Feels strange and i get the feeling the belief just isnt there , seems like we just never will be capable of puffing the chest out and being a bit arrogant and actually just doing it convincingly.

I cant figure us out at the min.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete
It was not boring,

BUT

It was not very exciting either.

Believe me it was boring.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
GYinScuntland
October 10, 2015, 10:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Sorry but the odd point at places like Braintree makes us the also rans in my eyes. Hate to say it but in my opinion, 3 points at those places is what win titles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boring

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.