Maringer
October 4, 2015, 12:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Player brought in by current management. Starts off scoring lots of goals. Then dropped for various reasons. Bit part player. Never rediscovers his early form.

In Hannah's case, main reason for being dropped: not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2015, 12:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Begs the question why he was brought in in the first place then. Hurst responsible which ever way you look at it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
mariner91
October 4, 2015, 1:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Player brought in by current management. Starts off scoring lots of goals. Then dropped for various reasons. Bit part player. Never rediscovers his early form.

Yeah no doubt, I wasn't disagreeing merely saying I'm even more concerned at Amond's omission.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
gaz57
October 4, 2015, 1:29am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Are these loan players that are no better than what we have, being paid for by operation promotion money? Don't shoot me I'm just asking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Mrs Doyle
October 4, 2015, 5:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Of course it would have been if any is left which I very much doubt, That money would have been part of Hursts spending pot. I too am not convinced about Thomo being better than podge there was a distinctive booing when JPP was chosen to be subbed instead of Thomlinson. Maybe he does work harder but we never really tested their defence enough in my opinion.  

At the end of the day neither keeper was that busy but I would say theirs had less to do than Macca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
A Brace Of Tees
October 4, 2015, 9:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Not only is Amond twice the player Hannah was, he's 3 times the player Tomlinson is, whose first touch let him down all throughout the match and who passed to the opposition more often than his own team-mates. If he's not a natural finisher, has a poor first touch and seems unable to find a team-mate with any degree of consistency, what is he doing in the team? I normally support Hurst but he must surely realise that if he's started with Podge we'd have won the game.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worried now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.