Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 49 Guests

Penalty....

This thread currently has 7,211 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
May 1, 2015, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The referee should have blown for a foul on McKeown. Because he didn't it does suggest he thought their player was doing nothing wrong. He then gets pushed to the ground (having "done nothing wrong") so I can see an argument for saying the ref cocked it up.

As an aside McKeown was an absolute idiot for pushing him like that.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
mariner91
May 1, 2015, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from psgmariner
The referee should have blown for a foul on McKeown. Because he didn't it does suggest he thought their player was doing nothing wrong. He then gets pushed to the ground (having "done nothing wrong") so I can see an argument for saying the ref cocked it up.

As an aside McKeown was an absolute idiot for pushing him like that.

Agree with all this. It was a free kick to Town and their player should have been booked for deliberately and repeatedly getting in the way of McKeown. It would have been a travesty of a decision to give a penalty however, if you do something daft like that you invite the ref to make that awful decision and we all know that a lot of refs in this division love to be the centre of attention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
ska face
May 1, 2015, 4:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,810
Gold Stars: 852
You can't really tell from the duff camera angle, but there really wasn't anything close to enough force to have sent the bloke sprawling to the floor in the way that he did. I've seen people going on about McKeown "raising his arms in arms in an aggressive manner" - do me a favour.

Eastleigh were a bunch of diving illegitimates and I'd be ashamed to see town players acting like they were.

Any input from Clem really isn't worth commenting on.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Penalty....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.