MuddyWaters
March 17, 2015, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,271
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 75
Okay, I like many of you believe Paul Hurst got it wrong on Saturday and it almost certainly cost us two massive points. But, all is not lost. I say we draw a line under it, PH probably knows himself, he can't come out publically and admit it but let's hope he's learned a valuable lesson. On paper, the substitution he made was reasonable, to shore it up and see the game out.

We can still do it, we need to stick together, to get behind the players and see where it takes us. I suspect it will be the play offs but there's always that chance. And if we have to take part in the play offs, let the momentum take us to Wembley and back into the football league!

UTM

Fine sentiment with which I agree. However, the only problem is a post like that invites the more sanctimonious to start the 'we're still on our run, don't have a go, shouldn't have a negative opinion' drivel.

Of course, we're all allowed a flipping opinion - it's a flipping forum which would be flipping dull if we all sang from the same flipping hymn sheet!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
March 17, 2015, 8:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Fine sentiment with which I agree. However, the only problem is a post like that invites the more sanctimonious to start the 'we're still on our run, don't have a go, shouldn't have a negative opinion' drivel.

Of course, we're all allowed a flipping opinion - it's a flipping forum which would be flipping dull if we all sang from the same flipping hymn sheet!

Agree 100%, I don't feel comfortable with people being shouted down on here for having an opinion. All part of the PR spin from BP Towers IMO but I was just going on my own feelings from Saturday, I've been an utter illegitimate to live with since that equaliser went in on Saturday and I thought it was better if I drew a line under it for the poor wifes sake. Three days sulking is enough I reckon!
Reply: 21 - 44
MuddyWaters
March 17, 2015, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,271
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 75

Agree 100%, I don't feel comfortable with people being shouted down on here for having an opinion. All part of the PR spin from BP Towers IMO but I was just going on my own feelings from Saturday, I've been an utter illegitimate to live with since that equaliser went in on Saturday and I thought it was better if I drew a line under it for the poor wifes sake. Three days sulking is enough I reckon!

Three days? I'll be sulking for three months if we miss out again!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Fcukthescunts
March 17, 2015, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Great OP BP Vicar. Chester game is in the past it's all about Saturdays game. 24 points for us still to play for before the prizes are given out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
HackneyHaddock
March 17, 2015, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Venting is good and it's a game of opinions.  Let's all get behind the team now for Eastleigh.

Tonight's results show there's a lot of life left in this title race yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
ginnywings
March 17, 2015, 9:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
At least Barnet didn't punish us too much again tonight. Bet their fans are just as gutted with the late loss of 2 points. They are still catch-able inside 2 games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
March 17, 2015, 9:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
At least Barnet didn't punish us too much again tonight. Bet their fans are just as gutted with the late loss of 2 points. They are still catch-able inside 2 games

Reading the sky report it seems Barnet had most of the game too so we've got to be pleased with that. Loads logged onto the fishy shows what an important gave that was to us. UTM.
Reply: 26 - 44
promotion plaice
March 17, 2015, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from ginnywings

Know the feeling.........

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
KingstonMariner
March 17, 2015, 10:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I always think back to the stats when we won Division 3 under George Kerr.... W 26 D 10 L 10

Whether that would be good enough to secure 1st place as it did all those years ago who knows, but it could just happen this season too...

Only 2 points for a win then so drawing wasn't so bad relative to winning.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Maringer
March 17, 2015, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,569
Gold Stars: 185
Looks like that clueless pillock Allen substituted Akinde for a defender just before the goal as well!  

Yeah, I realise he just came on to replace the defender who received the red card.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Draw a line under it now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.