Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 48 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,186 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
December 28, 2014, 10:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1739

I would take boring 1-0 wins for the rest of the season if it meant us getting out of this league. The priority is getting league football and keeping the club alive financially. Would you be prepared to have another 5 seasons of non league football if we played attractive football? Woods teams played some good football and look where that got us. Slade was our most successful manager in the last 15 years and did he play attractive football? Results attracts people to watch Town not a  style of play.

Will never have promotion with this manager...and IMO I would say this boring football is keeping fans away.

We were second and lost 800 fans ...what's that telling you

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 146
Eastendmariner
December 28, 2014, 10:13pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Weflannell  some good points  We all know getting out of this nightmare crap League was not going to be easy.Its brokken alot  of very loyal fans to Grimsby . Losing today was  a Real downer Hurst won't change Our season isnt over but we need to start playing as a team again. Bristol R Will win the League that leves us with Barnet Eastleigh Gateshead  maccs T  WHO in a playofff can easily beat us. I'm annoyed we løst  I would love to see Town go up  but this  League is Harder than Winning the Champions League  thursday is Big game UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 146
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 28, 2014, 10:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,783
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from barralad

We attacked down both wings today.

From my perspective Mariner91 and Big Chris have done pefect summaries of what we saw today. In respect of our "wingers" In the last two home games I cannot recall either trying to go outside their full back. Arnold had numerous opportunities in 3 v 3 situations to try and go round his man but rather wait for Thomas to run 50/60 yards only to give him a totally crap ball.

Big Chris is right when he says at 1-0 we had two situations which with a bit of poisecwould have seen us 3-0 up and game over. I find it hard to criticise anyone for their first goal, great strike and you just have to accept that on occasions these "worldies" do happen.

We are as others have said very slow and predictable in our forward play and we need improvement in centre mid and out wide otherwise our inconsistency will continue. Not a fan of Parslow but in support of Thomas thought he was fouled prior to their break for the third goal, however, the ref allowed quite a bit of physical contact today and to be honest thought he did ok.

Will probably turn out for the Barnet game but after that unless some new players come in will stick to golf on a Saturday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 146
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 10:19pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

Knock, knock, knock, is there anybody there?

excuse me?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 146
wigworld
December 28, 2014, 10:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

excuse me?

No, no, no. You're supposed to say, "Who's there?".

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 114 - 146
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 28, 2014, 10:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

From my perspective Mariner91 and Big Chris have done pefect summaries of what we saw today. In respect of our "wingers" In the last two home games I cannot recall either trying to go outside their full back. Arnold had numerous opportunities in 3 v 3 situations to try and go round his man but rather wait for Thomas to run 50/60 yards only to give him a totally crap ball.

Big Chris is right when he says at 1-0 we had two situations which with a bit of poisecwould have seen us 3-0 up and game over. I find it hard to criticise anyone for their first goal, great strike and you just have to accept that on occasions these "worldies" do happen.

We are as others have said very slow and predictable in our forward play and we need improvement in centre mid and out wide otherwise our inconsistency will continue. Not a fan of Parslow but in support of Thomas thought he was fouled prior to their break for the third goal, however, the ref allowed quite a bit of physical contact today and to be honest thought he did ok.

Will probably turn out for the Barnet game but after that unless some new players come in will stick to golf on a Saturday.

A lot of truth there. I suspect the wingers are scared to go down the outside for fear of losing the ball and being out of the game because we are an 11 man defensive side. No attacking passengers are allowed. Rule One it seems is to be goal side as soon as the opposition has the ball. In fact most of the best crosses come from LJL or Pittman after a ball down the channel. The plan is boring but fair enough if like Slade and McMenemy you get a player with pace to exploit a breakaway plus a reliable finisher, but we don't have either.

Today might be a useful lesson but the omens for learning don't seem good. Several times in recent games we have been lucky when, in spite of our defensive midfield strategy, players have still been able run at us through the middle, today that luck ran out.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 146
chaos33
December 28, 2014, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,011
Gold Stars: 362
Agree entirely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 146
davmariner
December 29, 2014, 12:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from chaos33
Agree entirely.

Any indication as to how McLaughlin is feeling? I'd feel pretty p1ssed off if I were him.

What does the kid have to do to get a run out in his proper position??

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 146
TownSNAFU5
December 29, 2014, 12:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
Neilson did not give us an outlet on the right wing.  He played more in field (whilst he was on).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 146
LH
December 29, 2014, 12:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 177
At one point he was so confused about where he was playing he took it from RM to LM. If we're going to play him I'd like to see him behind the forwards.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 146
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.