Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Get this clown out of this club now!

This thread currently has 12,941 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 29, 2014, 8:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
It's not just about the results. It's the inevitability that we will be close but never close enough. Every time we have a chance to shine and a chance to make ground on the leaders, we blow it. Winning away 1-0 and dropping 20 points at home will not get any sort of buzz around the place. Yesterday, the ground was nearly full, we were 1-0 up, yet it was like a morgue. Why?

Hurst is why. His teams play with the brakes on. Hurst brakes as my brother calls them. Look how many men they had piling into the box for their goals and wingers who were taking on and beating the full backs. Contrast that to us. At one point when chasing the game, Lenny got away down the left and hoisted the ball into the box. Only the tiny Makreth was in there.

We are slow and ponderous and it's a very pragmatic, safety first approach. That is what i don't like about us and that is why i will be happy when Hurst has gone. I'd rather we failed to go up playing attacking football, than have to watch that bilge all season and still fail to go up as is the norm.

If others are happy with he way things are, then fine, i'm pleased for you, but i'm out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 102
Tony_GTFC
December 29, 2014, 9:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Why do people who have stopped supporting the side take such an unhealthy interest in sniping from the sidelines? If you have stopped attending games, fine, that's your choice, but can't you just leave the club alone to those who wish to support it?

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 102
highcliff mariner
December 29, 2014, 9:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
Why do people who have stopped supporting the side take such an unhealthy interest in sniping from the sidelines? If you have stopped attending games, fine, that's your choice, but can't you just leave the club alone to those who wish to support it?

Most are still hoping things may change I would imagine , for me Ginnys last post is spot on .
I am 10 mins from BP but may well stay away on NYD because it's frustrating to watch . Saw  some "expert " on sky last night praising the never say die attitude shown by burnley yesterday , when asked if the attitude comes from the manager , he replied "always ! The teams attitude Always reflects that of the man in charge "
I tend to agree , certainly as far as our team/manager is concerned .
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 102
OneLove
December 29, 2014, 10:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
It's not just about the results. It's the inevitability that we will be close but never close enough. Every time we have a chance to shine and a chance to make ground on the leaders, we blow it. Winning away 1-0 and dropping 20 points at home will not get any sort of buzz around the place. Yesterday, the ground was nearly full, we were 1-0 up, yet it was like a morgue. Why?

Hurst is why. His teams play with the brakes on. Hurst brakes as my brother calls them. Look how many men they had piling into the box for their goals and wingers who were taking on and beating the full backs. Contrast that to us. At one point when chasing the game, Lenny got away down the left and hoisted the ball into the box. Only the tiny Makreth was in there.

We are slow and ponderous and it's a very pragmatic, safety first approach. That is what i don't like about us and that is why i will be happy when Hurst has gone. I'd rather we failed to go up playing attacking football, than have to watch that bilge all season and still fail to go up as is the norm.

If others are happy with he way things are, then fine, i'm pleased for you, but i'm out.

In a nutshell mate, we are no threat to no-one not even in lower leagues all because of the negativity tactics of mr hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 102
acko338
December 29, 2014, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Everyone frustrated that Lincoln have done us twice with a simple system - play fast, be physical, get every 2nd ball.

How many chances saved or kicked off the line yesterday, so the approach play was right, it was the goalscoring that was wrong !

Two first half injuries to key players as well, Toto's inevitable suspension as well - all factors that Hurst can use to say we did enough but had bad luck.

So, what does Hannah have to do to get on the field, and why is the Rotherham loan speedster not playing on one wing?

Players carrying knocks / illness will always be found out in a hectic local derby where boots are flying.

Scott Brown's loss of form is a really big factor for me - he and Clay together in good form are the backbone that helped earlier in the season - that's what is needed back.... and soon !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 102
RoboCod
December 29, 2014, 10:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

Maybe it's not all sniping?  Any threads/posts with the word 'clown' are skimmed over by me but Ginny's posts amongst others are nearly always spot on and mirror almost exactly my thinking. There's unnecessary and insulting criticism and there's well balanced and constructive criticism, not always in equal measure maybe but this is a discussion forum, I do't see why people who have stopped attending games stay should also stay away from the forums. I'd like threads to stay on topic and non-insulting though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 102
BIGChris
December 29, 2014, 10:53am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from RoboCod

Maybe it's not all sniping?  Any threads/posts with the word 'clown' are skimmed over by me but Ginny's posts amongst others are nearly always spot on and mirror almost exactly my thinking. There's unnecessary and insulting criticism and there's well balanced and constructive criticism, not always in equal measure maybe but this is a discussion forum, I do't see why people who have stopped attending games stay should also stay away from the forums. I'd like threads to stay on topic and non-insulting though.

After yesterdays attendance i think far more supporters are staying away from message boards rather than matches
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 102
RoboCod
December 29, 2014, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from BIGChris

After yesterdays attendance i think far more supporters are staying away from message boards rather than matches

I'm trying to stay away from both. BUT..

.. I don't walk out of the Fishy minus £18,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 102
December 29, 2014, 12:14pm
Guest User
I think Mariner Ronnie could be Paul Hurst or related
Reply: 78 - 102
Marinerz93
December 29, 2014, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

You will always get those who moan and complain regardless of position or form.  One thing to bear in mind is that people still care deeply for our club.  Frustration in some poor performances are rising to the surface again, why, because things aren't changing

1. Players are still bottling it in front of big crowds
2. A Manager who has form for not bringing in players in Jan who can take us forward.
3. The inevitable reach the play off's but fail.

When people stop moaning, this the real time for concern because that's when people stop caring!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown out of this club now!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.