Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 88 Guests

To all the doubters.......

This thread currently has 13,423 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
November 5, 2014, 10:19am
Guest User
Quoted from pizzzza

We didn't get relegated that year. Year after I think 2002-03.
sorry yes my mistake it was the year after.. But we only did just avoid relegation, but my main point being in my original post was to point out the fact like in 2001 when we went top of division 1 (old div 2) is that we only went to that position because no one else round us was playing. they now have games in hand on us .. so lets just see where the ground lies when we've all played an equal amount of games....  But thank you for correcting my years for me...

Reply: 50 - 103
chicaneuk
November 5, 2014, 10:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I was initially strongly for Paul Hurst and really felt he was going to turn it around for the club, but in recent months I had to admit my faith in him was seriously getting shaky with some very poor results and some urine poor games.

But I have to say he and the team have really turned it around again and it's making me quietly confident and excited again. Hoping to come up to the Oxford game on Saturday and hoping we can turn them over

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
GrimRob
November 5, 2014, 10:42am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,467
Gold Stars: 115
We are never going to win every game by 3 or 4 goals playing 4-5-1 but if we keep a lot of clean sheets we are going to win most games with a few draws thrown in and the occasional defeat. For a team with the fourth largest budget we're about where we should be at the moment. In fact we're ahead of all the teams with bigger budgets. But if LJL keeps converting some of the chances which come his way then we can at least stay where we are and hopefully challenge Barnet. It could be the reverse of the season we got relegated when it turned out to be us and Barnet battling for one spot. Key to me is to not play our best players in the FAT and to play the loan market well when we need to.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 103
DocTower
November 5, 2014, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Grinding out results , but at what cost . Six bookings last night hopefully no injuries . Us with long memories remember we played some beautiful football which was a joy to watch . This division isn't pretty and grinding might be the only way for us to get out .
As Mariner 78 says wait till the end of the season to see where the land lies . Many more ups and downs before season ends .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 103
Garth
November 5, 2014, 11:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I just hope we don`t do the post Christmas dive this time around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 103
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 5, 2014, 11:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,783
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DickBarton

Not quite sure what you mean mate. As I mentioned I am new to this.

I was behind the goal in the pontoon stand. didn't see much of the game tbh but the atmosphere was fantastic.

Think it was October 1971, and there were 22000 there I think, my recollection is Paddon scored for Norwich but a while ago now. Remember having the day off school to attend the replay which we lost 3-1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 103
chicaneuk
November 5, 2014, 11:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from DocTower
Grinding out results , but at what cost . Six bookings last night hopefully no injuries . Us with long memories remember we played some beautiful football which was a joy to watch . This division isn't pretty and grinding might be the only way for us to get out .
As Mariner 78 says wait till the end of the season to see where the land lies . Many more ups and downs before season ends .

I don't think the bookings last night are necessarily representative of how we play. From listening to the commentary, the referee has prior form on dishing out bookings, like sweets on halloween!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 103
DocTower
November 5, 2014, 12:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from chicaneuk

I don't think the bookings last night are necessarily representative of how we play. From listening to the commentary, the referee has prior form on dishing out bookings, like sweets on halloween!

I didn't say we we're dirty , but some officials do seem to have preconceived ideas just because we are who we are . These bookings from inadequate officials could cost us in the long run . Brown is one away from a ban as soon as he is back to fitness .
Goes back to the old conspiracies , keep better supported teams in this division to prop up the others by any means possible , allegedly .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 103
Rick12
November 5, 2014, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from JMT
if i'm honest PH has completely changed my opinion on him, i was one of the people calling for his head, do i take back what i said at the time? Absolutely not! I Seriously think the criticism and the people on his back could have been possibly what's changed this team around...
Well key is to learn from our mistakes  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 103
Maringer
November 5, 2014, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from DocTower

I didn't say we we're dirty, but some officials do seem to have preconceived ideas just because we are who we are. These bookings from inadequate officials could cost us in the long run. Brown is one away from a ban as soon as he is back to fitness.

To be fair, I don't think you can argue with most of Brown's bookings. He's certainly given our opponents hefty whacks on a number of occasions! I suppose the positive is that he's at least getting the bookings for something worthwhile as opposed to something stupid like mouthing off at the referee.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the doubters.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.