This thread currently has 2,529 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
August 23, 2014, 5:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Good feeling. Let's enjoy today but not get carried away. I was one of the few who was not too despondent after the first 3 games, but likewise despite today's excellent result it is still early days and these sort of scores do not come round very often. Personally I will take a 1-0 win on Monday. Remember footy is a funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Stevie Saunders
August 23, 2014, 5:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Hurst always says 'never go over the top when you win and never get too down when you lose'
Great decision dropping Disley and Connell - former slows us down while latter has done nothing in 3 games
Totally pleased for LJL - he gets extra criticism cos we don't score many and the culture of the game in England is centre forwards score 20+ goals
What karma that their first goal is an own goal from Baxter - funny old game...

Did we play 3-5-2 can anyone tell me??? Hope so, cos I think that's the formation that could free up our fantasy players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Madeleymariner
August 23, 2014, 5:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,074
Gold Stars: 52
Yeh! lots of red crosses, most I've ever managed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Mariners_15
August 23, 2014, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Hope the highlights are on MP soon, looking forward to watching them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
chaos33
August 23, 2014, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
4-3-1-2 formation wasn't it?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
nickmariners
August 23, 2014, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from oldun
Good feeling. Let's enjoy today but not get carried away. I was one of the few who was not too despondent after the first 3 games, but likewise despite today's excellent result it is still early days and these sort of scores do not come round very often. Personally I will take a 1-0 win on Monday. Remember footy is a funny old game.

I would say you were one of the 'silent majority'.  The bleating after the two matches I've seen (Bristol - good performance and Dover - competent performance; neither with full first XI) was astonishing and unreasonable.  Though I heard and read many loud moans, most of my match-going mates thought we looked in promising shape.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Grimal
August 23, 2014, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,878
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Every one else is c0ck a hoop but the way he's talking you'd think he was the Gateshead manager. I am over moon with the result.

Would love to hear what the Gateshead manager,forgot his name, had to say after the thrashing of his team today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
DocTower
August 23, 2014, 5:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Meza
Im guessing he doesn't want to sound cocky PH knows its a marathon not a sprint and to overdo post match could bite him on the ar5e.  Lets not get carried away by all means lets enjoy today especially the highlights

Exactly , one game , don't go overboard . Good result , freak result , something no one would have thought would have happened . Three points against Alferton will be just as good .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
immariner
August 23, 2014, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from nickmariners

I would say you were one of the 'silent majority'.  The bleating after the two matches I've seen (Bristol - good performance and Dover - competent performance; neither with full first XI) was astonishing and unreasonable.  Though I heard and read many loud moans, most of my match-going mates thought we looked in promising shape.  

I think you're on the money there mate. Dissenting voices are always louder.

On to the next game. 3 points at stake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Stevie Saunders
August 23, 2014, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
I like 4-3-1-2 as well
Means Neillson doesn't have to worry hugely about defensive stuff (not that he shouldn't do his bit)

Great defensive records are very important but so is the ability to score goals when you need them... Neillson attacking and running at defences gives you that chance

Lacks of goals has been the issue for past two seasons so let's hope this win is a sign that we can click big style in the opposition box

UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.