5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
July 25, 2014, 9:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
So have our first choice strikers scored yet? What's happening?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
Maringer
July 25, 2014, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from cmackenzie4
What was the reaction from the fans with regards to Liam Hearn coming on?

A few boos, mostly applause. I didn't bother with either.

Shouldn't have lost, really. No urgency in the second half but we had a couple cleared off the line, one from Magnay (who looked solid at the back), the other from Hannah. Mansfield improved in the second half after adding a bit more pace but we still played the best football - just in fits and starts.

Frustrating that we didn't try to play a bit more football, but too often we just hoofed it for the sake of things!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
davmariner
July 25, 2014, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Same old story but with different players? Is that a fair assumption? We can't score. We badly need that goalscorer in the mould of Hearn.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
denni266
July 25, 2014, 9:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
WE wont get any where with , hump it up to shop and hope for the best,, Hurst should have gone at the end of last season, he hasnt changed his plan at all. same old same old
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
zorro_is_a_Mariner
July 25, 2014, 9:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I thought we played alright created a few decent chances that on another day go in. Scott brown for me is going to be vital for us he covers so much of the ground a bit like niven and scott kerr but a faster version that can also pass the ball.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 25, 2014, 10:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
I thought we played alright created a few decent chances that on another day go in.

That "another day" seems a long time coming.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Garth
July 25, 2014, 10:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
We looked the better team tonight and deserved at least a draw, Scott Brown, Thomas,  Doig and Magnay had solid games which bodes well for the Bristol game, Paddy played well and was unlucky with his effort that came off the post.
Pittman looked sharp and my guess is he will still be here Tuesday, Ironside is improving but whether that will be enough for a contract only Hurst knows, not too keen on Clay and I think that will be his last 45, both LJL and Hannah were unlucky not to be on the score sheet and all in all a good work out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Mighty_Mariner
July 25, 2014, 10:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
I thought at played quite well tonight but just couldn't put our chances away. Mansfield haven't changed, all a bunch of dirty illegitimates!

Ironside and Clay were awful and if we sign then I will seriously question Paul's judgement. I also thought Magnay was excellent at centre half tonight and I have no worries him coming in for the start of the season!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
pontoonlew
July 25, 2014, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I thought at played quite well tonight but just couldn't put our chances away. Mansfield haven't changed, all a bunch of dirty illegitimates!

Ironside and Clay were awful and if we sign then I will seriously question Paul's judgement. I also thought Magnay was excellent at centre half tonight and I have no worries him coming in for the start of the season!

Neither have we by the sounds of things!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
Maringer
July 25, 2014, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Ironside might as well not have been playing in the first half. Utterly dominated by their big and physical defenders. Clay was better than against Donny the other night but still not up to much. I don't think either would be good additions to the squad.

Pittman didn't do a great deal tonight, either, but I'd imagine he might be a useful different option so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign.

I agree that Magnay looked very solid and we generally dealt with the aerial assault quite well tonight, in the first half especially. Brown looks an improvement and he could make a difference in games assuming he can start to link up well with Disley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › town mansfield match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.