Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holidays, Where You Off?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 72 Guests

Holidays, Where You Off?

This thread currently has 6,371 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
May 22, 2014, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,873
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Neilo83
Never been abroad, never really wanted to.. Until now, for some reason it's becoming more and more appealing.. The thought of sat round a pool in the sun with a beer in hand is a good thought indeed!!

Where would anyone recommend going all inclusive for a first timer (somewhere suitable for kids too)

When my kids were young, we went to the Hotel Palma Nova, in Palma Nova, Majorca, in fact we went three years on the trot.

Not far from the airport and the hotel is in the middle of the resort, it was all inclusive as well and my kids loved it.

Good hotel and excellent food and drink. Would recommend it for families.

That was in the 90's but don't suppose it will have changed much since then.

And we flew from Humberside.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
chaos33
May 24, 2014, 7:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 364
Quoted from cmackenzie4
London in july for me to see my brother, Glencoe in November with the misses and kids.

Glencoe is always magical mate, as we both know.

Just got back from a week in the Lakes. Stayed in the Loughrigg/Skelwith Bridge area although not very much climbing this time as had my 15 month old son with me. Pottered round some fantastic low level places though - Elterwater and river Brathay, Loughrigg Tarn, Tarn Hows, Ambleside, Coniston etc. Good to explore them again.

Will be having a week in September somewhere - looks like Switzerland or Croatia possibly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Grimal
May 24, 2014, 10:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,878
Gold Stars: 9
Been to San Pedro Spain a couple of weeks ago, my Daughter lives there. We have organized to go to Lugansk in Ukraine and also Russia in August but not sure now with the problems in Ukraine. Will wait and see what happens nearer the time.
Flights already arranged to go to Daughters again in December.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
acko338
May 28, 2014, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Back to Turkey on Monday - one week - late September, back to Turkey but different resort for two weeks !

Both chill out hols for my wife & me!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
mariner91
June 2, 2014, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,845
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from chaos33

Just got back from a week in the Lakes. Stayed in the Loughrigg/Skelwith Bridge area although not very much climbing this time as had my 15 month old son with me. Pottered round some fantastic low level places though - Elterwater and river Brathay, Loughrigg Tarn, Tarn Hows, Ambleside, Coniston etc. Good to explore them again.

Will be having a week in September somewhere - looks like Switzerland or Croatia possibly.

Croatia is brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
barralad
June 9, 2014, 8:53am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Rocamadour in the French Dordogne-by rail.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
grimsby pete
June 9, 2014, 3:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad
Rocamadour in the French Dordogne-by rail.

Very nice Ian, I hope you hire a car and see the rest of the beautiful area.

PS, Bring us a bottle of Cote du Rhone back mate.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
BottesfordMariner
June 10, 2014, 7:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from chaos33

Had a week in Dubrovnik in Croatia in May. Very nice, very pretty, very clean and people very nice as well. Food/beer prices were reasonable. Not many sandy beaches round that part of Croatia though if thats your thing. You can do trips to both Montenegro and Bosnia which are very close by.

Will probably go back to Croatia at some point in the future- i hear the Istria region further north is also very nice.

Thats it for me apart from a long weekend in Centreparcs (Sherwood Forest) in September. Hopefully Town will be away down south somewhere or i could get a 'pass out' if it was Alfreton!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Hagrid
July 6, 2014, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 545
Just back from kavos, its a shithole, dont ever ever go guys!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
LH
July 6, 2014, 2:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,618
Gold Stars: 177
Southern Spain/Portugal.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holidays, Where You Off?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.