Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 121 Guests

England World Cup squad

This thread currently has 5,014 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
May 13, 2014, 10:20am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I remember when Hull beat Fulham 6-0 and there was some talk of Huddlestone for England and i thought, you must be joking, he's playing against Fulham FFS.

I agree with Maringer- he's nowhere near good enough for International football, but as you say, it's about opinions.

Fair enough - but the matches at the World Cup will not be played at the tempo and intensity of the Premier League IMO.
Reply: 50 - 64
forza ivano
May 13, 2014, 1:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
just shows the paucity of the resources available to hodgson.take out those who are injured and  i think you'd struggle to find another 30 decent English players who could 'shadow' that squad.
best i can think of is
gk: stockdale/robinson /green
rb: clyne/naughton,
ch: lescott/ferdinand/terry/taylor/shawcross
lb: bertrand/cole/gibbs
midfield: huddlestone/ward-prowse/cattermole/johnson/delph/noble/nolan/downing/barry/osman/cork
forward: agbonlohor/wickham/crouch/berahino

christ i'm really struggling to get over 25!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Abdul19
May 13, 2014, 1:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
That centre back list is depressingly old! There's also Chambers for right back (also at Southampton). Is Aaron Lennon still alive?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Tom13
May 13, 2014, 1:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from forza ivano
just shows the paucity of the resources available to hodgson.take out those who are injured and  i think you'd struggle to find another 30 decent English players who could 'shadow' that squad.
best i can think of is
gk: stockdale/robinson /green
rb: clyne/naughton,
ch: lescott/ferdinand/terry/taylor/shawcross
lb: bertrand/cole/gibbs
midfield: huddlestone/ward-prowse/cattermole/johnson/delph/noble/nolan/downing/barry/osman/cork
forward: agbonlohor/wickham/crouch/berahino

christ i'm really struggling to get over 25!!

Ashley Young, Micah Richards, Michael Dawson, Scott Parker, Wes Brown, Jack Rodwell, Matt Jarvis, Matthew Etherington, Nedum Onouha, Leon Britton, Nathan Dyer, Scott Sinclair and Ravel Morrison are all possible as well, although no-one who I've just cited really is any good!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
ginnywings
May 13, 2014, 2:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tom13

Ashley Young, Micah Richards, Michael Dawson, Scott Parker, Wes Brown, Jack Rodwell, Matt Jarvis, Matthew Etherington, Nedum Onouha, Leon Britton, Nathan Dyer, Scott Sinclair and Ravel Morrison are all possible as well, although no-one who I've just cited really is any good!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
forza ivano
May 13, 2014, 2:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Tom13

and that list is basically a bunch of premiership reserves and championship players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
Abdul19
May 13, 2014, 2:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Joey Barton?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
GrimRob
May 13, 2014, 2:39pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
We've had better individuals in the past but never got as far as we should. Roy's strength is creating an effective team from lesser parts. We overachieved in Euro 2012 by winning the group, who knows we could do the same this year, maybe better.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 64
Tom13
May 13, 2014, 3:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from forza ivano

and that list is basically a bunch of premiership reserves and championship players

Therein lies the problem, only a limited amount of first-team English players to choose from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
mariner91
May 13, 2014, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,866
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from bradzmilne
Would of took Carroll over Lambert but I guess that's personal preference. For me I don't think there is a better out an out English striker than Carroll? His ability in the air is as good as any striker in the modern game and because of how big he is you don't realise how good he actually is with the ball at his feet. If I was manager he'd be in my starting 11 let alone the squad.

Pretty terrible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England World Cup squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.