6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 22, 2014, 12:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,917
Gold Stars: 233
I don't care who we play and in which order. I don't really think it will change the outcome. So resting players on Saturday makes total sense. It would be idiotic not to.

We have to play well for three matches to get back into the league. Alfreton apart, we have been pretty strong defensively in recent weeks, especially away from home. Now that Hannah seems to have found his scoring boots, we have a real chance against any of the other teams.  

We just need the rub of the green for once, and avoid giving away daft penalties (Yes Mr Pearson, I do mean you!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
FishOutOfWater
April 22, 2014, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from N2K
I'd prefer Braintree or Gateshead in the semi but to get Braintree we would have to lose on Saturday, which we don't want to do

We can't realistically get Braintree in the play offs though...not mathematically certain I know but highly unlikely

They are guaranteed to finish below us so the only way they could finish 4th (to play us) would be if they absolutely hammer us and also both Halifax and Gateshead lose on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 57
MrsMariner
April 22, 2014, 1:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
I hope they are all thinking they would rather play us, let them underestimate us at there peril. I bet last year everyone thought Newport were the easy option & we all no what happened to them. What ever happens we can't do any worse than last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
GrimRob
April 22, 2014, 3:28pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Halifax beat us 4-0 and 1-0 in the regular season games which is exactly what we did to Cheltenham in 2006 if I remember rightly, then lost 1-0 in the final. Hopefully we'll do a Cheltenham and Halifax will be seething at the injustice of the play-offs.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 57
Abdul19
April 22, 2014, 3:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
3-0

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
FishOutOfWater
April 22, 2014, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Abdul19
3-0

It was and that was the away game...we won 1-0 at home just a week or two before the end of the season proper if I recall things correctly
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 57
grimps
April 22, 2014, 7:16pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,198
Gold Stars: 50
I want Halifax in the semi's ,We'll take a couple of thousand there and they'll bring a thousand to us.
If they beat us then it's saved us a wasted miserable day at Wembley ,If not then we should be on for 40000 there for the final against Cambridge  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
immariner
April 22, 2014, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from RonMariner
I don't care who we play and in which order. I don't really think it will change the outcome. So resting players on Saturday makes total sense. It would be idiotic not to.

We have to play well for three matches to get back into the league. Alfreton apart, we have been pretty strong defensively in recent weeks, especially away from home. Now that Hannah seems to have found his scoring boots, we have a real chance against any of the other teams.  

We just need the rub of the green for once, and avoid giving away daft penalties (Yes Mr Pearson, I do mean you!)

It wasn't a penalty. Otherwise I agree.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play offs guaranteed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.