4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 19, 2014, 9:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I hope we get a good attendance on Monday over 4000 at least and the crowd gets behind the mariners from the off. We've seen that in our away games this season were a force and that's because of our amazing loud away support, we just need to generate this into our home games a bit more and try and build a bit of momentum going into the playoffs If we get into them.

So let's cheer on the mariners to a vital 3 points on Monday with us scoring a few goals and bringing a bit of that buzz back into blundell park which in my opinion the team deserve with either Gateshead or Braintree faltering.

Up the mariners

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
immariner
April 19, 2014, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Everyone has to try and remain calm and patient, that is the key. Not easy, given the importance and the expectation but at 0-0 and especially if we (God forbid) happen to go 0-1 down, the players need the crowd's full backing to play their stuff and not be panicked. Need to turn that nervous energy into (cliché alert) becoming the 12th man. Roared on, we should beat them comfortably!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
Marinerz93
April 20, 2014, 10:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
I hope we get a good attendance on Monday over 4000 at least and the crowd gets behind the mariners from the off. We've seen that in our away games this season were a force and that's because of our amazing loud away support, we just need to generate this into our home games a bit more and try and build a bit of momentum going into the playoffs If we get into them.

So let's cheer on the mariners to a vital 3 points on Monday with us scoring a few goals and bringing a bit of that buzz back into blundell park which in my opinion the team deserve with either Gateshead or Braintree faltering.

Up the mariners

I think we will easily get over 4,000 and I believe that the crowd will be right behind the players even well before kick off.  

We need to get back in the league, we the fans need to treat every game now as a cup final!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
mariner tommy
April 20, 2014, 10:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,873
Gold Stars: 13
Goals are so important tomorrow, Us, Gateshead and Braintree have an identical goal difference.
So a big win is needed tomorrow. I still don't think that the two teams I have mentioned will win their remaining two games so I believe that a big win against Hyde will be enough. Especially with Braintree at Barnet tomorrow.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
chaos33
April 20, 2014, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think we will easily get over 4,000 and I believe that the crowd will be right behind the players even well before kick off.  

We need to get back in the league, we the fans need to treat every game now as a cup final!

I'm not so sure we'll 'easily get more than 4000'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
MeanwoodMariner
April 20, 2014, 10:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from mariner tommy
Goals are so important tomorrow, Us, Gateshead and Braintree have an identical goal difference.
So a big win is needed tomorrow. I still don't think that the two teams I have mentioned will win their remaining two games so I believe that a big win against Hyde will be enough. Especially with Braintree at Barnet tomorrow.

UTM

I'm the nervy sort so I'd take any sort of narrow win right now, but you are absolutely right. If we are fortunate enough to get 2-0 relatively early, then it would be very wise to try to get 4 or 5 (or more). Could be crucial.

I really hope the crowd stay patient if things don't start brilliantly. Hyde have taken one or two tonkings but they have made life very difficult for plenty of teams too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
brad_gtfc
April 20, 2014, 10:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
I'm actually quite worried about Monday. We struggle to break down the lower teams, and with it being Hyde, I can see our home fans getting very restless and agitated. I hope not, and they stay calm and hope the players do aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Hagrid
April 20, 2014, 10:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
ultimately the players know what they have to do, and if the fans stay with them and roar them on, i can see only 1 outcome
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
cmackenzie4
April 20, 2014, 11:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
A good win tomorrow with a good performance will set us up nicely for the Braintree game.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
mariner tommy
April 20, 2014, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,873
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Hagrid
ultimately the players know what they have to do, and if the fans stay with them and roar them on, i can see only 1 outcome

I agree, from our point of view the equation is simple, just win, and win big.
Cambridge have only scored eight more goals than us this season and they put seven past them, so I'm sure we can manage a few.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Monday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.