This thread currently has 7,591 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
LH
January 19, 2014, 12:37am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,638
Gold Stars: 179
Boyeson was the ref for the Darlo game too wasn't he?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Tom13
January 19, 2014, 12:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from LH

Think he might have been, yet somehow he's still reffing Championship games!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
moosey_club
January 19, 2014, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
[quote=32550]  How can a guy from Middlesborough referee a team from Newcastle and be fair?

/quote]

ermmmmmmm because they don t like each other? Thats like saying how can a ref from Grimsby ref a game fom Scunny>

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Abdul19
January 19, 2014, 12:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH

That was the game at the start of the 05/06 season when he sent off Crane and Newey (probably fair enough!) and gave them 2 penalties.

I meant the game a few months before, when the ref made Gritton retake a penalty amongst other things. Here's his CA review:

Official warning
I am wondering when the trial has been set for crimes against Townanity by Mr P Taylor from planet Anti-Grimsby. He started out being very poor and then failed to reach those Olympian heights of competence. It went beyond general inadequacy, where decisions are randomly bad and favour neither side to a significant degree. He actively made decisions against Town, treating identical challenges differently, dependent upon the colour of the shirt. Yet another referee who sees no ships when it comes to handball. He seemed to revel in his public flogging, enjoying the invective and disgust heaped upon him. I am sure you get the drift by now. His score? Scientists have confirmed that the latest supercomputer has been able to pinpoint his exact score, working on the same principle as the Search for Extra-Terrestial Life. REFI, using the combined power of 253 home computers in Immingham, has calculated his mark out of ten as-1,273.9867.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Tom13
January 19, 2014, 12:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

That was the game at the start of the 05/06 season when he sent off Crane and Newey (probably fair enough!) and gave them 2 penalties.

I meant the game a few months before, when the ref made Gritton retake a penalty amongst other things. Here's his CA review:

Official warning
I am wondering when the trial has been set for crimes against Townanity by Mr P Taylor from planet Anti-Grimsby. He started out being very poor and then failed to reach those Olympian heights of competence. It went beyond general inadequacy, where decisions are randomly bad and favour neither side to a significant degree. He actively made decisions against Town, treating identical challenges differently, dependent upon the colour of the shirt. Yet another referee who sees no ships when it comes to handball. He seemed to revel in his public flogging, enjoying the invective and disgust heaped upon him. I am sure you get the drift by now. His score? Scientists have confirmed that the latest supercomputer has been able to pinpoint his exact score, working on the same principle as the Search for Extra-Terrestial Life. REFI, using the combined power of 253 home computers in Immingham, has calculated his mark out of ten as-1,273.9867.

Ah right, I remember missing the game where Gritton had to retake his penalty so that's probably why I couldn't remember!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
moosey_club
January 19, 2014, 12:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Well........definate penalty however the ref to me.... looked very indecisive, he looked at the linesman who signalled a corner then he gave then a penalty!!!!! It was a penalty...no doubt...just odd how he decided it.
He did a similar thing with a head injury with Bignot...gave nothing....waited.....then blew as both players stayed down with a head injury...then gave them a free kick???

Ref was sh!t and indecisive all day...however the two "contraversial decisions" i think he ironically got right.

We did not take advantage of the spaces they left in the first half...Disley and Hannagh missing great chances amongst other promising positions.

Thats the kind of game we should be winning to see us as title or play off contenders.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Abdul19
January 19, 2014, 12:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Tom13

Ah right, I remember missing the game where Gritton had to retake his penalty so that's probably why I couldn't remember!

I think Mr P Taylor is also the ref who didn't give us a penalty in the playoff final!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Tom13
January 19, 2014, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

I think Mr P Taylor is also the ref who didn't give us a penalty in the playoff final!

Sounds like some sort of a conspiracy against us from him and Boyeson...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Jarmo.Is.God
January 19, 2014, 11:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Good to see McDonald back ! Had a good game, Kerr was steady, Bignot has come on and is looking a very good player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.