Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How we get promoted
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 71 Guests

How we get promoted

This thread currently has 1,614 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
March 17, 2013, 1:44pm
Guest User
Via the play-offs - too many teams are playing better than us at the moment to think we can go up as champions.

Listened to the Cambridge match on RH and took notice when Buckley said too many Town players looked jaded.
Certainly sounded that way - though a fresh Artus was involved in nearly everything first half. That he ran out of steam after 70 minutes is not surprising given his lack of recent first-team action - should have been subbed for Thanoj (probably) or Wilson.

I worry a bit that S&H don't look further than changing the strikers when we need a goal. Brodie didn't seem too happy to come off (good!), and from what I heard I thought he was the guy who might have nicked a goal for us - he was doing good and poor stuff alternately. Cook sounded ineffective and probably would benefit from a rest.

So the plan must be NOT to rush Disley and Niven back, but to get them recharged for the play-offs - together with a fully-fit Liam Hearn and, ideally, Hannah back in the goals. We should take no risks with Pearson too.

So for Nuneaton:

McKeown

Hatton    Naylor     Miller     Thomas

Wood     Wilson     Artus

Colbeck  Brodie   Hannah (if fit) or LJL

No point playing 442 if the wide players are going to deliver woeful crosses. Brodie should be promised 90 minutes "now get us a goal or two". Hearn to get some match-time 2nd half.

Think some of the criticism of Town players is harsh - even Premier League 'stars' find it hard to play their best on the Saturday after a European tie in mid-week. We gave it everything at Mansfield, remember.

I don't take a play-off place for granted, but the next four league opponents are not too scary.
mariner91
March 17, 2013, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,836
Gold Stars: 264
No point having Hannah on the left of a front three, would be very ineffective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Abdul19
March 17, 2013, 1:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Yep, Brodie on the right, Hannah in the middle, Devitt on the left would be my choice for that formation. Harsh on Cook though, but could maybe do with a rest.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
davmariner
March 17, 2013, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,983
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Abdul19
Yep, Brodie on the right, Hannah in the middle, Devitt on the left would be my choice for that formation. Harsh on Cook though, but could maybe do with a rest.

Maybe it would also deter from doing the easy option and playing it long all the time...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 17, 2013, 2:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
And get even more overrun in midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Abdul19
March 17, 2013, 2:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Very true.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Bradford Mariner
March 17, 2013, 3:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
The problem is midfield and has been for all this season and most, if not all, of the last 5 seasons.

We don't need yet more strikers, we just need to give better service to the ones we've got.

Without a significant improvement in midfield we're going nowhere this season and it will all just drift to a disappointing end.

The fact that S&H think Artus is the answer tells me all I need to know about their judgement.

We've got away with it until now but I fear we've exhausted our supply of luck for this season.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
mariner91
March 17, 2013, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
The problem is midfield and has been for all this season and most, if not all, of the last 5 seasons.

We don't need yet more strikers, we just need to give better service to the ones we've got.

Without a significant improvement in midfield we're going nowhere this season and it will all just drift to a disappointing end.

The fact that S&H think Artus is the answer tells me all I need to know about their judgement.

We've got away with it until now but I fear we've exhausted our supply of luck for this season.

UTM

They don't think he's the answer, they didn't have a lot of choice yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
oldun
March 17, 2013, 3:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from mariner91

They don't think he's the answer, they didn't have a lot of choice yesterday.

And he did well. The problem was in wide areas yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
mariner91
March 17, 2013, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oldun

And he did well. The problem was in wide areas yesterday

Agreed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How we get promoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.