No Members and 54 Guests

Im glad everyone is writing us off

This thread currently has 3,007 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
county1966
February 13, 2013, 1:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Been reading a few forums and the feeling is we are out of the race but let me remind you if we win our games in hand and we still have to play you so  carry on writing us off
Logged Offline
Private Message
FFS
February 13, 2013, 1:16pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
highcliff mariner
February 13, 2013, 1:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from county1966
Been reading a few forums and the feeling is we are out of the race but let me remind you if we win our games in hand and we still have to play you so  carry on writing us off

Nothing better to do ? bore off.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Marinerz93
February 13, 2013, 1:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think you will make the play off's but the title is between us and Wrexham I believe.  

Still a few games to go so there could be several changes in the top spot or we could create a points gap and be promoted well before we play you.

We have a big say in who will make the play off's with games towards the end of the season  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
I am Um Bongo
February 13, 2013, 1:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from county1966

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, you would have a lot of candy and nuts.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Um_Bongo.png[/img]
I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Tommy
February 13, 2013, 1:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
When is O'Connor due back for you county1966?

To be quite honest I thought you would struggle without him in the side, as the couple of times I've seen you on tele you looked very reliant on him in terms of the gameplan/tactics.

But I've noticed since he got injured most of your games have been postponed, so he's not actually missed many games.

I've said before it would end up between us and Wrexham lasting the pace, but I wouldn't be surprised if you do make it a 3-horse race.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Caveman
February 13, 2013, 1:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +771
Gold Stars: 17
Nobody up here who's got any sense is writing you off just yet Taff.

Any one of half-a-dozen clubs can still put a run together and pinch the title
and just getting into the play-offs is still a lottery.

Interestng though, isn't it mate !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
county1966
February 13, 2013, 1:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Caveman
Nobody up here who's got any sense is writing you off just yet Taff.

Any one of half-a-dozen clubs can still put a run together and pinch the title
and just getting into the play-offs is still a lottery.

Interestng though, isn't it mate !

It is interesting and the most open for a long time with no big spenders ie Fl££twood and creepy very good for the league I think  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
county1966
February 13, 2013, 1:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
When is O'Connor due back for you county1966?

To be quite honest I thought you would struggle without him in the side, as the couple of times I've seen you on tele you looked very reliant on him in terms of the gameplan/tactics.

But I've noticed since he got injured most of your games have been postponed, so he's not actually missed many games.

I've said before it would end up between us and Wrexham lasting the pace, but I wouldn't be surprised if you do make it a 3-horse race.

O Connor is about 10-14 days away so im told
We went three at the back last night and we looked good and kept a clean sheet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
jimgtfc
February 13, 2013, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,125
Gold Stars: 46
Far too early to right anyone off yet. Give it 2 or 3 weeks and we should start to see who's in the mix for the title and who's in-line for the play-offs, in fact i think any of the top 6 could still win the league given a bit of luck and good form. That said if I had to predict the final top 5 right now i'd go for... Grimsby, Wrexham, Newport, Mansfield, Forest Green.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Im glad everyone is writing us off

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.