December 23, 2012, 3:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,522
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Wrexham, Luton, Kiddy and Mansfield.

Newport and FGR if they spend big in Jan.

So its down to club who is prepared to gamble the most in January, there's no point being top at Christmas and miss out come the end of the season.  When we were looking like getting relegated from the league, Fenty push the boat out, cheaper admission to games and laying on coaches to away games.  He has to do the same now, get rid of the drift wood (Soares, Elding & Ford) off the wage bill and sign Hannah, Pond & Marshall.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
cmackenzie4
December 23, 2012, 3:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from gymadman
The biggest threat to our chance's would be the failure to sign Pond & Hannah, give us these two and I honestly believe we will win the league.

Agree with this post, The team which will be the biggest threat for me is Wrexham.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2012, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
We've done Wrexham & Newport away, our biggest games will be away at Luton, FGR & Mansfield who hopefully will have an eye on Liverpool. After that, we should be able to look after ourselves if we do the right deals in January.

Sort of agree with the sentiments re Pond & Hannah but Miller is certainly defensively as good as Pond, Greg Pearson now appears to be fit and Liam is getting there. More bothered about the wide men to be honest, Colbeck is too inconsistent, Marshall is OK, Southwell not a winger and Soares out of favour. I would be extremely pleased to see Devitt back in a Town shirt!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Marinerz93
December 23, 2012, 4:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Newport will fluctuate between the top 3 positions until fading away after Easter.  Wrexham as I have said in previous posts will be the ones who will push especially if they can find someone who can finish off some of their good play.  I think FGR and Mansfield will be too inconsistent to break into the top 3.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
grimsby pete
December 23, 2012, 4:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Kiddermister will be our main threat,

BUT

We have an 8pt cushion so they will not catch us,

Like others have said sign Hannah and Pond and we are CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
chaos33
December 23, 2012, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 363
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
The team I'm most worried about TBH is Kidderminster! They're on a fantastic run (won 6 on the bounce) and are scoring goals for fun! Other than that I dont see anyone we should worry about! I agree that if we sign Hannah and Zoond then we'll win the league!

Agree about Kiddy. There are so many factors to consider that a really long answer is possible. What I would say is that, now we're top, it really is in our own hands even more so. I think there are 7 or 8 teams who will continue to be a threat because it is so wide open. If Luton sort their defence out, they will bite back, and I think Wrexham will push hard too.

I'll repeat this -  my mate's Dad works as chief scout for Luton Town and watches hundreds of teams and games a year. The first time he saw us this season, only a handful of games in, he declared to my mate, his Luton-supporting son, - "Grimsby will win the league".

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
bradzmilne
December 23, 2012, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
-I have a feeling that Newport may eventually fall away - saying that i said the same about Southport last year  
-It has to be Luton's year one year, do they have enough this year? Who knows? I think that our away fixture vs. them at the end of the season could be crucial
-Forest Green spent the money and have good strenght in the depth. The'll definatly be there or hopefully there abouts at the end of the year
-Having seen Wrexham both home and away I think there in my eyes our biggest challengers. There a very organised team but do miss a goalscorer. If they could find one in January il start worrying.
-Kiddi will be pretty similar to us last year.
-Mansfield will make some sort charge I should say, our game vs. them away could be another big game
All of those teams have some sort of chance but its IMO ours to lose!
UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Abdul19
December 23, 2012, 7:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Hopefully Kiddy will lose Jamille Matt in January.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
dapperz fun pub
December 23, 2012, 8:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,084
Gold Stars: 84
Wrexham will finish in the top 2 just not sure which position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Ipswin
December 23, 2012, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Luton

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do you see as our main threat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.