1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
tintowner
December 22, 2012, 4:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
I recently went to one of these Payment Protection Insurance companies to reclaim what I was allegedly miss-sold.

My bank has come back to me offering the whole of what I paid over the years plus the interest.

They advised me that the PPI  company did not follow corect protocol and that I should accept. The PPI company, at the outset, said that the bank would make me an offer and that any correspondence should be sent to them.

My dilemma is....how do I go about informing the  PPI company that I do not wish to progress, will I still owe them anything. Am I liable to them for what they have done,...... will they send the boys round if I cancel  

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
December 22, 2012, 5:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
You should have no problem when you cancel,

The money you have paid will be returned to you and the contract will be torn up,

If you have any worries about the heavies coming round,

Just tell them you are a mariner and a member of the Fishy,

AND

You know a lot of unsavoury characters.   

Seriously, you will not have any  problems  once the contract is cancelled.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Ipswin
December 22, 2012, 6:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Fcuk all that sh!te - take the offer (the PPI company will only take whateve extra they can screw out of the bank anyway as part of their cut) -spend it before the heavies arrive - how much is it anyway and when and where is the p!ss-up? Braintree on 18th or Cambridge on 26th would be nice - I am sure Pete and I would enjoy a pint as payment for our professional adviuce

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
barralad
December 22, 2012, 7:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Ipswin
Fcuk all that sh!te - take the offer (the PPI company will only take whateve extra they can screw out of the bank anyway as part of their cut) -spend it before the heavies arrive - how much is it anyway and when and where is the p!ss-up? Braintree on 18th or Cambridge on 26th would be nice - I am sure Pete and I would enjoy a pint as payment for our professional adviuce

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Alfie
December 22, 2012, 11:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Suppose it depends on whether you've signed owt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
One Decent Lester
December 23, 2012, 10:53am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
As Alfie said it depends what you signed. If you signed nothing I wouldn't have thought they could do owt.

If anyone hasn't claimed back ppi and intends to. Don't use one of these companies. If you are due money back keep persisting and you will get in and won't have to pay out a big chunk of your haul to a third party.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
shotandcursed
December 23, 2012, 5:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
There is no need to go to a company to claim your ppi. . . Just get a stanard letter of the net and fill it un. . . All the banks are bang to rihts and it is really easy to do it yourself.

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PPI .....a dilemma

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.