Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OK so who upset the Taffs?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 158 Guests

OK so who upset the Taffs?

This thread currently has 2,610 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
December 22, 2012, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
From a Wrexham board - 'The Grimsby club also need to look at how they deal with the opposing fans. We were made to exit the ground around the far side of the stadium,there were no stewards or police and there was confrontation with the local nutters who were looking for trouble. Fortunately there appeared to be no violence'

So which of you Fishy nutters was it?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Marinerz93
December 22, 2012, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Wrexham are fine ones to talk about confronting normal away fans, we had one of the troggs get on the supporters coach looking to pick a fight with a 15 year old boy when we were in the league.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
moosey_club
December 22, 2012, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,342
Gold Stars: 229
Feed the police...and people wonder why the Lincs O.B and LCFC are issuing statements about entering home stands next week.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Super Clive
December 22, 2012, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Fans of wrexham was attacking our stewards at the full time! Well trying the fags, the even excrement it from a few 13 year olds near the away exit ha-ha.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
rancido
December 22, 2012, 4:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,678
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Ipswin
From a Wrexham board - 'The Grimsby club also need to look at how they deal with the opposing fans. We were made to exit the ground around the far side of the stadium,there were no stewards or police and there was confrontation with the local nutters who were looking for trouble. Fortunately there appeared to be no violence'

So which of you Fishy nutters was it?

I think this was a safety issue for the accompanying livestock in case they made a bid for freedom down Grimsby Road and got injured by the traffic.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Gary Haddock
December 22, 2012, 7:47pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Not mentioning any names but I know a couple of our Santas got nutted by a couple of Wrexham fans. Some town fans were singing sheep shaggers but the Wrexham fans turned on 2 of our Santas who were a good hundred yards away from the ones singing.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
barralad
December 22, 2012, 7:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Not mentioning any names but I know a couple of our Santas got nutted by a couple of Wrexham fans. Some town fans were singing sheep shaggers but the Wrexham fans turned on 2 of our Santas who were a good hundred yards away from the ones singing.  

With those beards they probably thought they were goats and wanted to get a little closer

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
marinerian
December 22, 2012, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Me, Madley Mariner and my mate Matt went to Wrexham last season, we went in their pub, realised there was no Town fans, had eyes burning at us. We had to wait for Matt to finishing having a urine then we quickly made a move.....feeling like an Alien in a foreign land is an understatement. We kept quiet and copulated off  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Gary Haddock
December 22, 2012, 7:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

With those beards they probably thought they were goats and wanted to get a little closer

For a couple of fat sheep shaggers though they can sure run fast. About 20-30other people (some town fans others passer bys) went looking for them for revenge. They had a lucky escape from what I've heard.  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
marinerian
December 22, 2012, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
right can we shut up about fighting ffs, we have a derby game coming up and we do not want to give them more reasons to treat us like twits!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
barralad
December 22, 2012, 8:07pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from marinerian
right can we shut up about fighting ffs, we have a derby game coming up and we do not want to give them more reasons to treat us like twits!

Hello Mr Kettle...you are black!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
barralad
December 22, 2012, 8:08pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Gary Haddock

For a couple of fat sheep shaggers though they can sure run fast. About 20-30other people (some town fans others passer bys) went looking for them for revenge. They had a lucky escape from what I've heard.  

Gary, it was my (admittedly very poor!) attempt at a joke...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Theimperialcoroner
December 22, 2012, 8:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,335
Gold Stars: 103
Well said Ian, we should be all wondering about why the GTFC optimism levels were so high last night that a dozen or so grown men were singing Benny the Docker in the BPH after the game. We're not used to being quite so happy.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
marinerian
December 22, 2012, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

You racist, I am a silver kettle and not made out of pot  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
LH
December 22, 2012, 8:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,617
Gold Stars: 177
Didn't Gilly get punched there the season before last? I remember the pub not being the friendliest pub in the world.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Gary Haddock
December 22, 2012, 8:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Gary, it was my (admittedly very poor!) attempt at a joke...

Haha yeah sorry, I did get the joke just show I did because I missed out the   of which I meant to put.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
county1966
December 23, 2012, 1:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
The Gogs always have something to moan at dont worry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2012, 1:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,078
Gold Stars: 52
Fun that was Marinerian, never kept me jacket zipped up so far in my life to cover my colours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
South Lincs Mariner
December 23, 2012, 3:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0

Just a quick history lesson to all you fans out there in response to the 'OK so who upset the Taffs' header - Go back a mere 1000yrs when a King called Edward decided to put those pesky taffs in their place, built loads of castles and raped and pillaged, then move on to a more modern era and guess what we the English had the nerve to have a Prince called Charles who is head of Wales. Is there any wonder they burn out the english, don't want you in their pubs and lastly want to poke you on the nose and worse, so the next time you venture into Wales just remember history has a habit of repeating itself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
RoboCod
December 23, 2012, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

Just a quick history lesson to all you fans out there in response to the 'OK so who upset the Taffs' header - Go back a mere 1000yrs when a King called Edward decided to put those pesky taffs in their place, built loads of castles and raped and pillaged, then move on to a more modern era and guess what we the English had the nerve to have a Prince called Charles who is head of Wales. Is there any wonder they burn out the english, don't want you in their pubs and lastly want to poke you on the nose and worse, so the next time you venture into Wales just remember history has a habit of repeating itself

I don't think there's any real bad feeling between the two sets of fans, not the genuine ones anyway. There's no real English/Welsh thing either, the Gimps say much, much worse things, at the end of the day both Wrexham and Town are genuine big clubs making genuine strides towards getting out of this hole.  Wrexham are a good club, I hope we're playing them again in the League one day. Lincoln are just an awful club from chairman down to the fans and laughing at their history, ignorance and excuses will never lose its novelty. I prefer the Taffs anyday, if they do have any grievances they're genuine (if a little historical) while Lincoln fans just make it up (yes, a person with Freshney Place shopping centre on their doorstep sees Lincoln High St as a shopping paradise, really )
Set up nicely for Boxing Day again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
Les Brechin
December 23, 2012, 3:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Pondy certainly upset their fans at the end.

Quoted Text
There was no reason for Pond to rile the Wrexham fans.
I don't think he got any stick during the game and his provocative outburst was totally out of order. The guy is a grade A pr1ck.
The fans behind the goal were rihjtly incensed by his post match performance and Keats tried hard to intervene but Pond life wouldn't let up.
We complained to the stewards but they weren't really interested.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
shotandcursed
December 23, 2012, 3:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Quoted from barralad

Racist!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Henryscat
December 23, 2012, 3:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

If that's the case then they, Newport, Cardiff and Swansea can intercourse off back to the welsh leagues

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OK so who upset the Taffs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.