Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Devitt?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 190 Guests

Jamie Devitt?

This thread currently has 2,576 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
December 22, 2012, 7:50am
Guest User
Just checked and according to wiki Jamie's loan deal at Rotherham was cut short due to injury. Does anyone know if he's fit again as given the news Neilson won't be signing, Jamie Devitt seems the obvious choice if we can get him.

Looking at his recent twitter posts he's clearly been following our fortunes. He could slot straight in wide left.
chaos33
December 22, 2012, 8:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,994
Gold Stars: 363
I think this is something of a pipe dream, as I said when this topic appeared in a thread a few days ago. The only two aspects that seem to make this a seductive idea are geographical and the fact that he's been here before. I don't think people should be getting their hopes up as the situation is different now. Devitt is injured. If he wasn't, he'd very definitely be playing league not conference football, to say nothing of the financial implication, which puts it out of reach decisively for me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
ginnywings
December 22, 2012, 8:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
I think this is something of a pipe dream, as I said when this topic appeared in a thread a few days ago. The only two aspects that seem to make this a seductive idea are geographical and the fact that he's been here before. I don't think people should be getting their hopes up as the situation is different now. Devitt is injured. If he wasn't, he'd very definitely be playing league not conference football, to say nothing of the financial implication, which puts it out of reach decisively for me.

Not so sure myself. He'll never be a regular starter with Hull and will be released IMO. He will be looking for a contract and must be getting fed up of trawling round clubs on loan.

I know we are a conference club at present, but we have more to offer than most and are on the up. I think this puts us ahead of many league clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
chaos33
December 22, 2012, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
He has a contract at a Championship club. He's a very good player who should be playing at L1 or L2 level and would be a regular in many a side. Let's not over-inflate ourselves.  If we got promoted and could suddenly offer league football and competitive wages next season, well then who knows but I really can't see why we might see him here this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
jointhetrust
December 22, 2012, 9:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +12 / -1
undecided on this one; IF the managers wanted him, they'd probably face competition from league clubs.

The player may only want to come if he was allowed to leave if we didn't go up.

Not sure that a short term conditional deal would appeal, but then again, a few months in the shop window and us having first option?  

lots of ifs......

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Youngy
December 22, 2012, 9:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Looking at his last few Tweets though, he does talk about Town alot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
December 22, 2012, 9:48am
Guest User
Quoted from Youngy

That's what got me thinking Youngy. A loan deal til the end of the season would seem idea for all parties. Anyone know how injured he is?
Reply: 6 - 20
cjbill
December 22, 2012, 9:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
One of his tweets seemed to suggest he will be fit pretty soon. Was a couple of days ago saying should e back in 10 days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
December 22, 2012, 10:00am
Guest User
I wouldn't rule it out. In fact he'd be my number one target. We are top of the league, albeit a excrement league but players don't get to win championships every day. His parent club seem happy to loan him out, I assume he lives nearby, he has history with us and has as per his tweets he is following our fortunes.

IMO he is a like for like replacement, at 22 he's probably a better player than he was 2/3 years ago when he was with us. If he's going to be fit soon it's a no brainer.
Reply: 8 - 20
chaos33
December 22, 2012, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Well I would absolutely love to be wrong on this one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
merge shottx
December 22, 2012, 10:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
he stated he will b leaving hull in january as well on twitter ,so u never know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
AdamHaddock
December 22, 2012, 10:25am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
I think there's more chance of the Mars explorer robots finding a baguette tree than Devitt dropping (or being allowed to drop) three divisions to play for us. If Hull still see him as a future first teamer at the KerCee then they will want him to develop - possibly with a loan in League One with Donny or the gypos.

S&H will rustle up something in January but it won't be Devitt

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
thevera
December 22, 2012, 10:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Youngy

I also saw these Tweets which made me think the same as the vicar. The timing is also curious as the tweets suddenly came thick and fast right at the same time as Nielson seems to have played his last game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
BIGChris
December 22, 2012, 11:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from thevera

I also saw these Tweets which made me think the same as the vicar. The timing is also curious as the tweets suddenly came thick and fast right at the same time as Nielson seems to have played his last game.

i had the same thoughts last night. He seemed very positive about GTFC all of a sudden.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Maringer
December 22, 2012, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,727
Gold Stars: 189
If Hull are paying up Devitt's contract and he is just about ready to start playing again, we would be a pretty good fit for him in the short term. If he just signed until the summer, he wouldn't have to relocate during the middle of the season and would be joining a club with the potential to do well so he could show off his abilities for potential suitors. I don't doubt he's capable of finding a club in League One or Two but, if he isn't likely to sign for us in the longer term, there is a potential for him to put himself in the shop window. He was certainly one of the few bright sparks during our relegation season and I haven't forgotten the way he continued to work so hard at Burton when carrying an injury even though we looked dead and buried by that point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
mariner91
December 22, 2012, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Like Maringer says, if he wants a short term deal to put himself in the window then we'd be ideal for him. A team doing well, close to home. If I was him I'd be ringing SandH up asking on the off chance!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Super Clive
December 22, 2012, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Scunts are interested apparently. Some bloke text humberside last saying it on my way home. MUST be true ha-ha.

Sign him up
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
IrishMariner
December 23, 2012, 2:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
According to his twitter account he should be back in action in ten days from Thursday which is December 30th,impact sub to run riot against Lincoln maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Alfie
December 23, 2012, 2:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from BIGChris

i had the same thoughts last night. He seemed very positive about GTFC all of a sudden.

Presumably he was maybe just listening to Humberside for the Tarrghers game @ Derby... which was presumably keeping him up to date with the Town game?

He'd be an exceptional signing - especially on a long term deal - but these fellas tend to want their own men and i'd imagine a couple of League Two sides would take a punt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
diehardmariner
December 23, 2012, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 545
Would be a phenomenal signing and a massive statement of intent.

Be delighted to be proved wrong here but just can't see this one happening.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Mariners_15
December 23, 2012, 5:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Leaving Hull in January according to his Twitter. A deal to the end of the season for him to prove his fitness and get himself in the shop window and if we manage to get promoted there could be a possibility of a new contract... he clearly loves the club and sounds as though he has 'unfinished business' here so to speak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Devitt?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.