Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Get Your Chants Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Get Your Chants Out!

This thread currently has 52,986 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 6:57pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600
One other thing I was gonna say though, you know you said "But the younger lads are more for modern short and fast beated typ chants and songs."

Take your point and they can have them but wouldn't it be great for everyone if we had this a bit similar to "You'll Never Walk Alone" ?

My point is, if you're trying to fill the whole ground with noise, short snappy tunes are always necessarily the best ?

Yeh it would be great. I'm sure if we can get it sorted for a few older lads, like the shufflers in the pontoon to start then others will follow. The young uns, I have realised that just like me a lot of them look up to the older fans (though the older fans don't seem to like it LOL).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 248
Meza
November 28, 2012, 6:59pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
So do I get the credit fir the rod stewart song then lol  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 248
80sglory
November 28, 2012, 7:00pm
Guest User
Really they don't like it Gary ?!  

Meza....

It's all your fault
It's all your fault  
Reply: 172 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 7:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Meza
So do I get the credit fir the rod stewart song then lol  

Yep well done.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 7:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Really they don't like it Gary ?!  

Meza....

It's all your fault
It's all your fault  

Well put that wrong really and kinda stereotyped, sorry.

The shufflers are always alright and good bunch and want us to join them, but there a few other that I have heard say "tell the kids to f*ck off back to the corner" and other comments not much diferent to that. Also heard/read comments on here and else where about "kids." Such as "there are too many 'kids' in the pontoon" and stuff like that. Which is daft because age, looks, etc etc shouldn't even matter because all that should matter is that we support the same club and all want to get behind the lads.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 248
80sglory
November 28, 2012, 7:15pm
Guest User
No need to apologise,
I was just suprised older fans wouldn't like younger ones looking up to them and was just a bit suprised.

Sorry to hear those stories and when I say "kids" or young uns I don't mean to be derogatory or make anyone feel any less valued.

Why do you think they said "tell the kids to f*ck off back to the corner" ?
No-one wants their thunder stealing ?
Reply: 175 - 248
80sglory
November 28, 2012, 7:19pm
Guest User
Oh BTW Meza just in case you didn't know that "It's all your fault" was a joke cos it's a chant often heard at grounds ?
Don't worry I'm not blaming anyone just in case you thought I was.
Reply: 176 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 7:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
No need to apologise,
I was just suprised older fans wouldn't like younger ones looking up to them and was just a bit suprised.

Sorry to hear those stories and when I say "kids" or young uns I don't mean to be derogatory or make anyone feel any less valued.

Why do you think they said "tell the kids to f*ck off back to the corner" ?
No-one wants their thunder stealing ?

One or two might of been about seats but think the majority (though when I say majority I've heard it about 4 times in the last league home games only) because of they don't like the noise and joining in. There's a big divide in the pontoon, I don't really know why, but left side above the tunnel (left of the goal facing the osmand) most of the fans there like to be vocal and join but then you only have to go across the stairs and most fans that side (the right side) are sat quiet with the odd one or two clapping and maybe singing/chanting. I didn't realise this though until we had moved to join the shufflers in the middle(ish). Think you would have to see it for yourself really to get an idea of what I mean.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 248
80sglory
November 28, 2012, 7:37pm
Guest User
They don't like the noise ?
Oh dear.

Yeah only been in there once and was sat right at the bottom watching the match (or trying to depending on your "view")
Reply: 178 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 7:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
They don't like the noise ?
Oh dear.

Yeah only been in there once and was sat right at the bottom watching the match (or trying to depending on your "view")

Strange it may be but yep, there are a few in pontoon that don't like the noise, some say it's because of the chants and songs sang but I have noticed that even when they sing old(ish) songs like, Three little birds, Can't help falling in love, and others, they still don't seem to like it. There is a divide between fans, I don't know what exactly know what it is but I have noticed it on here, and at BP. Though away games is completely different, I have no idea why that is either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 248
25 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Get Your Chants Out!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.