2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 11, 2012, 12:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42

In fact we are the only story and picture on page 1!  Nice headline "Cooking up a title race".  Grimsby make it hot at the top.  Grimsby Town stepped firmly into the title race after putting 5 past Woking. Andy Cook capped a fine Mariners display with a late strike to turn up the heat.

Sam Hatton and Andy Thanoj named in the Team of the Week.

For those fans who don't or can't buy the NLP, there were other football news:

Braintree play their FA Cup match at home to Tranmere on Tues.  Let us hope that it drains them.

LUton fans applauded off the very impressive Dartford team and their noisy fans.  We know haw good both are.  Dartford replace Luton in the playoff places.  

Luton are still title favourites with Blue Square Bet at 2-1. Wrexham are second favourites at 3-1.  Forest Green are 6-1, whilst we are only 13-2 with Newport. Some curious odds there. Luton have conceded 25 goals.  Town and FGR are big movers this weekend.

FGR continue to show well and are level on points with us and have a game in hand. It is the ex-League clubs that are faltering.

3 up and 3 down to League 2  looks to be dead in the water.  A meeting of the 72 League clubs to discuss this has been cancelled. They don't want to take the risk.

Town stats for the season (from the NLP and includes yesterday)
We have been caught offside more than any other team (64 times)
We have had the third highest number of corners (107), behind Luton (117) and Gateshead (122)
We had the third highest number if yellow cards (34), behind Mansfield and Tamworth, both on 36.
Niven has 6 yellows, only behind Jay Harris Wrexham (7), and Lee Sawyer yesterday (.
We do well for red cards, Telford have had 6.

Logged Online
Private Message
prestonmariner
November 11, 2012, 12:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
Im getting the long train back to Preston today, after coming home for the game yesterday, and i'm very much looking forward to reading this on my journey. UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Belfast Town
November 11, 2012, 12:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from prestonmariner
Im getting the long train back to Preston today, after coming home for the game yesterday, and i'm very much looking forward to reading this on my journey. UTM

Me too, on the way back to Belfast. Fabulous match yesterday. Ebbs fleet away next for me. UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
prestonmariner
November 11, 2012, 12:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Belfast Town

Me too, on the way back to Belfast. Fabulous match yesterday. Ebbs fleet away next for me. UTMM

Credit to you BM, thats a journey and a half. I will be travelling home over Christmas, but my next proper away game (Excluding Lincoln), will be Macclesfield or Stockport in the new year.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
November 11, 2012, 1:28pm
Guest User
I did not realise but we are top of the form table aswell although we have lost 2 league games in the last 6. Keep up the good work lads, would be amazing to go into the Lincoln games top of the league, UTM!
Reply: 4 - 10
Abdul19
November 11, 2012, 2:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 1739
I did not realise but we are top of the form table aswell although we have lost 2 league games in the last 6.

Backing up my 'draws are overrated' theory!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 3:58pm
Guest User
Damn you beat me to it Abdul

Ironic that even after a few disappointments we're still right up there.

Home wobble put to bed, Neilson to come back, Town fans really getting the taste for it now...

Good effort TownSNAFU5.

Onwards and upwards !
Reply: 6 - 10
Belfast Town
November 11, 2012, 4:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from prestonmariner

Credit to you BM, thats a journey and a half. I will be travelling home over Christmas, but my next proper away game (Excluding Lincoln), will be Macclesfield or Stockport in the new year.

Cheers - it's in the blood - what can you do! Good times just around the corner again I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
aldi_01
November 11, 2012, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The odds for promotion are strange to say the least. Have the bookies not realised that Luton have no balderdash when it comes to the play offs?

Still, who cares, I suppose the pressure is on them more. We will just keep doing our business and collecting wins.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
louth_in_the_south
November 11, 2012, 7:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
I'm just reading the report in the NLP and noticed on the stats it says we had 4 shots on target , but scored 5 . How does that work ?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 11, 2012, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,084
Gold Stars: 195
got some very odd looks when smiling at the pic on the front of the paper this morning but all well worth it.

for those that dont read it, i would suggest that you give it a go. esp the exiled fans. okay, were lucky if we get more than a few bits of notification (apart from the match report) but, its not bad.

just wondered to th premier sports advert on the back saying about upcoming games :/

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taken over all the front page on the NLP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.