Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 67 Guests

Matchday programme thoughts

This thread currently has 1,675 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 11, 2012, 4:03am
Guest User
Good effort, loved the glossy feel and classic photos.

Could one extension of the idea be to include pull outs of e.g. posters/player photos from the centre ?
Just wonder if it might boost sales if fans can e.g. collect their players photos or past games etc ?
When the kid in front of me (bless him) didn't know who Ross Hannah was it made me wonder.

Looks like a lot of the articles (some of which I DO enjoy very much) are past memories aimed at older folk.
I guess they've/we've! got more dosh to spend but do wonder if e.g. a fanzine or shorter version aimed at the young could be put out.
Guess you'd be struggling to sell many if the price didn't drop like a stone but might it spark interest straight into the club shop or Dad's wallet?

For content, always enjoy the player bits + info you don't see elsewhere.
Not overly keen on "Guess the team" from 2001 but guess a knowledgable few will enjoy having a go.

Thought it was ironic a lot of the things S&H said in there...
"What we have seen from the lads is their ability to bounce back when things haven't got right for them and we will be looking for a response to Tuesdays result today."
+
"We had a quick talk about it. We said the facts are their keeper pulled off 5 or 6 good saves, on another day you'd score. Let that be a lesson if you don't take chances you don't win games."

Always like seeing comments quickly re-inforced and put right !

Was confused over something JF said in "The Boardrooom".
"In reality, being in this division, as well as Leagues One and Two, will see quite substantial losses year in, year out and, going forward, we will need to experience better football fortune if we are to cut our cloth accordingly."

Shouldn't it be "if we aren't to cut our cloth accordingly." ?
I guess it's just a typo/print error ?
aaron rattray
November 11, 2012, 6:53am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
My views of it is that it has got many spelling mistakes in it, like it usually has a couple of seasons ago i counted 26 spelling mistakes on 1,page, and it hasnt improved much either

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
topuphere666
November 11, 2012, 7:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from aaron rattray
My views of it is that it has got many spelling mistakes in it, like it usually has a couple of seasons ago i counted 26 spelling mistakes on 1,page, and it hasnt improved much either

Did you write it?

Haha years back (late 90's) it was a decent thing to buy along with the matchday ticket. I think it was £1.50 - £2 and well worth it. Fun interviews with players, great insight into the youth set ups etc.

I think it is a bit over proced now considering ticket prices are what they are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
tintowner
November 11, 2012, 7:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Its certainly an improvement on last seasons effort.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Garth
November 11, 2012, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,937
Gold Stars: 27
Should be half price for season ticket holders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
tintowner
November 11, 2012, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
BTW......if any Town collectors are missing progs (home/away) from 1970 to 2009, drop me a PM as I might be able to help.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
mariner83
November 11, 2012, 10:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Maybe they could do some sort of "bundle" offer, programme & pie or a programme & drink for  for £X

They always seem to lose when I buy a programme so being the superstitious sort I haven't bought one for a while.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Drinkells Boot
November 11, 2012, 1:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
If they got someone who could spell I'd buy it. Embarrassing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Abdul19
November 11, 2012, 2:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
The best programme I've seen at this level (or the one above) by a mile.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
aaron rattray
November 11, 2012, 2:55pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
The best programme this season is tamworth and telford, herefords wasnt bad either

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday programme thoughts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.