3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
November 10, 2012, 7:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,521
Gold Stars: 74
The last few games have been up and down, but with the other top teams losing as well, we have managed to move in 2nd place. Now we need to break the 4000 barrier and pack out BP. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
GYinScuntland
November 10, 2012, 7:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
What we get through the gate and what they say we get through the gate seem to be two different err.. opinions at times, anyone else pick up on this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
November 10, 2012, 7:16pm
Guest User
I think we may do this next saturday. I think the dissapointment of tuesday took alot of the gate today but hopefully todays result will convince people to pack the park. UTM!
Reply: 2 - 22
November 10, 2012, 7:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland
What we get through the gate and what they say we get through the gate seem to be two different err.. opinions at times, anyone else pick up on this?

Have felt this many a time, today seemed about right TBH, we do need to start packing the place out and making it even harder for teams coming to BP !
Reply: 3 - 22
petethemariner
November 10, 2012, 7:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I think there is a good 1000-1500 supporters that you wouldn't describe as diehards,  who would like to see the team going well but are still  a bit unconvinced, they will return if Town stay at the top of the league and 4000 plus will become the norm - i was pleasantly surprised by the gate today, as GF said i thought alot would have been put off by what seemed another false dawn after Tuesdays result  and dipped below 3K, but i see 3400+ as a good gate against a team like Woking and i expect it to be exceeded next home game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
GyMariner

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
i don't see why people stop coming due to 'a poor result' one tuesday or something, but anyway we need to break away from the pack aswell!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
moosey_club
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I believ season ticket holders are counted whether they are there are not.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Marinerz93
November 10, 2012, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GyMariner
i don't see why people stop coming due to 'a poor result' one tuesday or something, but anyway we need to break away from the pack aswell!

Usually in the past this meant a poor run of form were the players didn't put any effort into making good.  This team is inconsistent but these players will put in a full shift to make amends.  The gate was great considering home form and that against lesser opposition.  The players have to get struck straight in from the off from now on, we can lead the pack and not look back, we are more than capable, believe.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
cmackenzie4
November 10, 2012, 7:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If town keep on winning then maybe,it is results what will get fans back at blundell park, todays result will do no harm in getting fans back.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
GYinScuntland
November 10, 2012, 7:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from moosey_club

I believ season ticket holders are counted whether they are there are not.

Fair enough but it would need a hell of a lot of seaso holders not turning up to account for some of the discrepencies we seem to get between what looks like the crowd in BP at times as opposed to what is officially stated. Just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Need to break the 4000 barrier

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.