2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
August 23, 2012, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I carnt understand that how were now into the 2nd season with s&h and still we have no settled formation. I dont no how they are working with each other but it doesnt seem to be happening with the pair of them being joint managers at a big club. I personally think either one needs to take a step back and let just the one manager rule the roost and make the decisions etc. If that would to be I would most definitely give hursty the role instead of the hotheaded one.

Its a flipping headache being a town fan at times.

GTFC Forever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 12:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
It is a headache to be fair. I'm clinging onto the fact we went on a run last season and hoping we get on one soon because like many others I feel the worse for these to as a duo! I really want them to succeed and fenty I'll like to add but how long can we realistically keep saying it?

I fear the fenty Rob Scott fall out more than anything! If people think what happened with newell was laughable with the whole chair episode I fear the Scott/Fenty fall out!

Here's one for kevkov? Who posts on here...let's kick on now ffs I'm really hoping for a reaction on Saturday and hoping for progress other the next 2 weeks or so.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
aaron rattray
August 23, 2012, 12:44pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Well i think that hurst is more tactically aware than scott

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Wrawby_Mariner
August 23, 2012, 12:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray
Well i think that hurst is more tactically aware than scott

What makes you say that ? I mean is there a way of knowing ??
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 16
Garth
August 23, 2012, 1:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I may be wrong but I think that Scott is the one who is more proactive, it would not supprise me if the idea of going into joint managership at the outset was his idea and there is no evidence that he has it all his own way behind closed doors, my take on the partnership is (and its only an opinion) is that Hurst supplies the ammo for Scott to shoot and that without Scott`s personality regarding face on conversations we would not have had the investment in players this season. Hurst comes across as the tactition of the two and the one that keeps his head and reasons when Scott explodes.
In theory it seems that opposites atract, lets hope we can make the good cop bad cop work for us this season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
I am Um Bongo
August 23, 2012, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

What makes you say that ? I mean is there a way of knowing ??

Um Bongo thinks guesswork perhaps?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Um_Bongo.png[/img]
I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
OneLove
August 23, 2012, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
i just want them to get a formation and work on it, not play to what other teams are playing etc, gets boring. if miller is back i would play all the players in there correct positions, and make sacrifices and not hold back.

fleming

wood   pearson miller thomas

niven  
Coulbeck                pond
               soares

cook           elds/southwell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
RoboCod
August 23, 2012, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm pretty sure Pond has said he's not interested in midfield? I'm sure he was quite emphatic about it, but can't remember if it was written anywhere official and can't find the quote.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
RoboCod
August 23, 2012, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Pretty sure BigChris mentioned this centre back-only position for Pond, so don't know what the chances are of him giving CM a go. He's seen us 3 times now though, maybe he'll play there out of pity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
STB
August 23, 2012, 6:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
BigChris for manager.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
grimsby pete
August 23, 2012, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
They should know by now what formation and style of play we need to play to get out of this league,

SO

S + H  Just do it !!!!!!

Hopefully we can then get back to some success.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
roundballovalhole
August 23, 2012, 8:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Garth
I may be wrong but I think that Scott is the one who is more proactive, it would not supprise me if the idea of going into joint managership at the outset was his idea and there is no evidence that he has it all his own way behind closed doors, my take on the partnership is (and its only an opinion) is that Hurst supplies the ammo for Scott to shoot and that without Scott`s personality regarding face on conversations we would not have had the investment in players this season. Hurst comes across as the tactition of the two and the one that keeps his head and reasons when Scott explodes.
In theory it seems that opposites atract, lets hope we can make the good cop bad cop work for us this season  

I personally think this is bollox!

I think you have based this on one factor alone. . . That Rob Scott is an angry, sexist bully of a man!

He shouts about and you assume the other one is a  crack tactician!

Scott swears at fans, bullies female officials so the other one must be a philosopher of the beautiful game!

Your suggestion that Scott's toughness would translate into being a great negotiator is just @rse.

If rob scott behaved the way he does in my ptofessional workplace, the police would be called!
Reply: 11 - 16
BIGChris
August 23, 2012, 8:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1054

I think you have based this on one factor alone. . . That Rob Scott is an angry, sexist bully of a man!

Scott swears at fans, bullies female officials so the other one must be a philosopher of the beautiful game!

Your suggestion that Scott's toughness would translate into being a great negotiator is just @rse.

If rob scott behaved the way he does in my ptofessional workplace, the police would be called!

What is happening to education in this country?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Alfie
August 23, 2012, 9:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
R and T next to each other on the keyboard, in fairness.

Very easy tyop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
roundballovalhole
August 23, 2012, 9:04pm
Guest User
GCSEs are getting marked more harshly. . . Tertiary is getting very expensive. . . Primaries are coming under pressure from recent and ongoing baby boom, class sizes rising, free schools are in their infancy and the rise of the academy continues onward.  What's your point?
Reply: 14 - 16
Garth
August 23, 2012, 9:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1054

You could be right of course just my opinion, thanks for replying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
gtfc91
August 24, 2012, 8:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -36
[quote=2572]I carnt understand that how were now into the 2nd season with s&h and still we have no settled formation. I dont no how they are working with each other but it doesnt seem to be happening with the pair of them being joint managers at a big club. I personally think either one needs to take a step back and let just the one manager rule the roost and make the decisions etc. If that would to be I would most definitely give hursty the role instead of the hotheaded one.

Its a flipping headache being a town fan at times.

GTFC

Oh my god. I actually cannot believe you spell can't as ( carnt) get educated please. No wonder Grimsby is full of uneducated, lazy, unemployed bums on benefits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Managment idea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.