TOOLS

This thread currently has 2,799 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
STB
August 23, 2012, 9:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
We can only use the tools we've been given is a well used term.
Our tools include S&H, John Fenty and the playing staff.
I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity but when do fishies think we'll see the back of JF  ??
1 year ?
3 years ?
5 years ?
Personally, I can't wait for the wonderful day, I just hope he hasn't sunk the Mariner's ship much lower before he goes.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
HungryHaddock
August 23, 2012, 9:15am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +10 / -2
I'd say never but hoping 1-3 years! Think the board needs a new fresh lot in which will help guide us out this league!

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
3 years maximum!!

The money will run out at some point! He must wake up most days and think what the fuk am I doing? I wasted millions and its all his  fault!  ON incept decisions and years and years of mismanagement!

Yet he still wants his money back after the toys have run out of batteries!

To be honest I can't wait for the day, some people will say well what will happen to the club? I say take a look at wrexham our attendances will set us well on our way when our budget is cut to an affordable amount and I'm sure we could at least scrap 4kplus if our future was at stake without fenty!

The,only stumbling block to life after john is his loans! He knows that and so do the fans! He knows no one will touch the club with the begin loans over the club like a 12 foot anchor chain over a slut during a bondage session!

Don't get me wrong its not all going to be Rosie Webster, it will be hard to survive be we'll be able to do so It's not all doom when he eventually goes and guess what we might actually enjoy the club again!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
BlackBoots
August 23, 2012, 9:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from Super Clive
3 years maximum!!

The money will run out at some point! He must wake up most days and think what the fuk am I doing? I wasted millions and its all his  fault!  ON incept decisions and years and years of mismanagement!

Yet he still wants his money back after the toys have run out of batteries!

To be honest I can't wait for the day, some people will say well what will happen to the club? I say take a look at wrexham our attendances will set us well on our way when our budget is cut to an affordable amount and I'm sure we could at least scrap 4kplus if our future was at stake without fenty!The,only stumbling block to life after john is his loans! He knows that and so do the fans! He knows no one will touch the club with the begin loans over the club like a 12 foot anchor chain over a slut during a bondage session!

Don't get me wrong its not all going to be Rosie Webster, it will be hard to survive be we'll be able to do so It's not all doom when he eventually goes and guess what we might actually enjoy the club again!

We can't attract 4000 gates with a competitive budget but you reckon with a much lower budget, like say Lincoln currently have, we will see an approx. 25% increase in attendances?

Nice theroy but not sure I would want to take that gamble
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 9:54am
Vodka Drinker
Don't get me wrong I have a little respect for him but I also feel sorry for him!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
oldun
August 23, 2012, 9:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Hang on. JF and the board have backed S & H, especially this close season with funds for new players and I imagine town still have one of the best playing budgets in this league. He must be as disappopinted as anyone with the current from situation. I cannot imagine him or the board providing S & H with similar funds next year if they are still around. We will have to cut our cloth accordingly or find another benefactor. Remeber it took york 8 seasons to escape and Luton, after having high budgets and countless managers are still here. We have no divine right to be promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots

We can't attract 4000 gates with a competitive budget but you reckon with a much lower budget, like say Lincoln currently have, we will see an approx. 25% increase in attendances?

Nice theroy but not sure I would want to take that gamble

But its not just money from attendances! It's sponsorship, club shop sales and everything else! Anything is possible if we cut our budget to an affordable amount! I'mnot saying this is what we'll have to do as I want john to be successful with his money but WHEN he actually has enough and throws the baby out of the bath water its not all doom and bust as some think! We'll survive and If that means having a bottom 10 budget for a while so we can get on our feet then so be it because let's be honest having a top 3 budget has worked hasn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
springstomind
August 23, 2012, 10:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
you're all mental all I've ever seen him do is pump money and and back his club, he's a genuine fan the players got us in this league not him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
marinerjase
August 23, 2012, 11:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
Horrible vibe running right through that club, been there years. Damn shame considering what a good club it used to be, and I don't mean only in terms of league/non league position.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
TAGG
August 23, 2012, 11:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from springstomind
you're all mental all I've ever seen him do is pump money and and back his club, he's a genuine fan the players got us in this league not him.

I have to agree Fenty is a genuine fan and only wants the best for Town.
The fact is that under his stewardship the club has plummeted. Yes he has put a lot of money into the club but if it wasn't for his ineptitude it would have been nowhere near the 3.5mill that I've seen reported.  
I don't know but could being in the Town boardroom have made Fenty money indirectly as a PR tool for the building up of 5star fish. I know if I was Chairman of a football club I would use it for impressing prospective customers.
So like I say I don't know but money may not only be going one way, bet someone will put me right on here though.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
BlackBoots
August 23, 2012, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Following the sale of Five Star Fish in April 2004, Fenty became chairman of Grimsby Town FC on 29 July 2004
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 23, 2012, 12:08pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Are you mad, do you really think the trust can keep the club afloat without some one like Fenty? who do you think would come on board and help keep the club going? and do you have any proof to back it up?

I don't know financial situation or what the financial situation will be if or when Fenty goes.
But you'd want a safty net wouldn't you? and I don't think we would have one if Fenty was to go. I don't think the trust with it's 2oo members and the other, (I think) 3 board members would be able to keep the club afloat for very long on their own.

If there was any evidence that would sujest that the club would cope without Fenty then I would agree. But there isn't, unless anyone is willing to enlighten me.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Garth
August 23, 2012, 12:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
At this present time John Fenty is GTFC without him we would be nobody going nowhere, no I haven`t been brain washed its a simple fact of life and he loses more than he gains being a supporter.
We have this sh1t on here every time we get to a stage where we are performing badley, the grass is always greener as the saying goes and you never know what you have untill you lose it, loans or no loans no one wants to take us on, Get real
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Garth
August 23, 2012, 12:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from STB
We can only use the tools we've been given is a well used term.
Our tools include S&H, John Fenty and the playing staff.
I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity but when do fishies think we'll see the back of JF  ??
1 year ?
3 years ?
5 years ?
Personally, I can't wait for the wonderful day, I just hope he hasn't sunk the Mariner's ship much lower before he goes.

By a man/woman who on his/her own admitance never attends matches
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
STB
August 23, 2012, 12:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Garth

By a man/woman who on his/her own admitance never attends matches

Been to all the wonderful home games this season.
Nothing against Fenty as a person, I just wondered when he would leave.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Garth
At this present time John Fenty is GTFC without him we would be nobody going nowhere, no I haven`t been brain washed its a simple fact of life and he loses more than he gains being a supporter.
We have this sh1t on here every time we get to a stage where we are performing badley, the grass is always greener as the saying goes and you never know what you have untill you lose it, loans or no loans no one wants to take us on, Get real

Most of that is true I agree but the question in the op was how long you think john will be here for?

Ideally I'd hope he'd stay for as long as possible for that safety net gary haddock mentions and hope hefinally gets it right. My post was not about getting him out as fast as I can for the sake of it because that would be a stupid move in hindsight! It was to answer stb question of how long it will before he goes because money will soon run out and so will his patience! He won't be here until the day he dies! So I did a counter argument to what I think we could achieve when he goes and that is me being real
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
newfootballer
August 23, 2012, 1:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from oldun
Hang on. JF and the board have backed S & H, especially this close season with funds for new players and I imagine town still have one of the best playing budgets in this league. He must be as disappopinted as anyone with the current from situation. I cannot imagine him or the board providing S & H with similar funds next year if they are still around. We will have to cut our cloth accordingly or find another benefactor. Remeber it took york 8 seasons to escape and Luton, after having high budgets and countless managers are still here. We have no divine right to be promoted.

I still think that we are shooting ourselves in the foot to early. we have only played three games and you will always have new players slow to engage with their colleges early.

I still have faith in these two Managers lets see what Wrexham can bring out of Town on Saturday that game to me is very important indeed, it really is a crunch game for us.

We are playing a team that has been in the football league nearly as long as Town have, so it is not as if we are playing somebody like Ebbfleet who are a team in this league who can upset the big boys.

Hopefully we can win on Saturday and start a new campaign of winning each week.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
TAGG
August 23, 2012, 1:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BlackBoots
Following the sale of Five Star Fish in April 2004, Fenty became chairman of Grimsby Town FC on 29 July 2004

Cheers mate. Said I would be put right  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
petethemariner
August 23, 2012, 2:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

I still think that we are shooting ourselves in the foot to early. we have only played three games and you will always have new players slow to engage with their colleges early.

I still have faith in these two Managers lets see what Wrexham can bring out of Town on Saturday that game to me is very important indeed, it really is a crunch game for us.

We are playing a team that has been in the football league nearly as long as Town have, so it is not as if we are playing somebody like Ebbfleet who are a team in this league who can upset the big boys.

But its tactics, or the apparent lack of them that is the problem Dave, you wouldn't have enjoyed playing in a side where the only tactic was a long punt and i am sure that applies to one or two of the players  currently at GTFC - i actually feel sorry for the new forwards because everyone is writing them off  as poor already - fact is that they have had appalling service so far and virtually no chances to take or miss.
These two need to start showing some tactical Nous, they have had long enough now and this squad is entirely theirs, improvement is needed in all areas and quick.

Hopefully we can win on Saturday and start a new campaign of winning each week.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Wrawby_Mariner
August 23, 2012, 2:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Are you mad, do you really think the trust can keep the club afloat without some one like Fenty? who do you think would come on board and help keep the club going? and do you have any proof to back it up?

I don't know financial situation or what the financial situation will be if or when Fenty goes.
But you'd want a safty net wouldn't you? and I don't think we would have one if Fenty was to go. I don't think the trust with it's 2oo members and the other, (I think) 3 board members would be able to keep the club afloat for very long on their own.

If there was any evidence that would sujest that the club would cope without Fenty then I would agree. But there isn't, unless anyone is willing to enlighten me.

Of course you are right, the Trust doesn't have the spending power to keep the club afloat, also, the Trust has at least twice as many member as you suggest (Just so you know)...lol
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 19 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 23, 2012, 2:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Of course you are right, the Trust doesn't have the spending power to keep the club afloat, also, the Trust has at least twice as many member as you suggest (Just so you know)...lol

ah ok, how many members is there? just curoius. I want to join but want a good secure job first.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Wrawby_Mariner
August 23, 2012, 2:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Gary Haddock

ah ok, how many members is there? just curoius. I want to join but want a good secure job first.

420 approx, I have to admit I haven't seen the figures recently but it was there or there about last time I saw. I believe it was around 200 this time last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 21 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 23, 2012, 2:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

420 approx, I have to admit I haven't seen the figures recently but it was there or there about last time I saw. I believe it was around 200 this time last year.

yeh I haven't seen the figures since they joined the board, that's what I was going by. would love to join though. anyway I'll leave it at that. thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
barralad
August 23, 2012, 3:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Super Clive

But its not just money from attendances! It's sponsorship, club shop sales and everything else! Anything is possible if we cut our budget to an affordable amount! I'mnot saying this is what we'll have to do as I want john to be successful with his money but WHEN he actually has enough and throws the baby out of the bath water its not all doom and bust as some think! We'll survive and If that means having a bottom 10 budget for a while so we can get on our feet then so be it because let's be honest having a top 3 budget has worked hasn't it?

Some of the posts on here now are bordering on hysteria. How on earth anyone can say after three games that having a top three budget hasn't worked beggars belief..

In your previous post on this subject you talk about Wrexham as an example. If my memory serves me correctly their fans had to come up with thousands of pounds to save the club. I'm not at all sure that I'd like to take that risk.

I've just looked back and guess what I cannot find any criticism of the close season spending on the acquisition of our latest players. Why do I get the impression that you are jumping on the bandwagon around "affordable budget" without understanding the nuts and bolts of what constitutes such a budget? Do you know what our break even figure for this season is?  This season is different to previous recent seasons because of the availability of funds from the transfer of Connell and the sell on money for Bennett.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Super Clive
August 23, 2012, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Some of the posts on here now are bordering on hysteria. How on earth anyone can say after three games that having a top three budget hasn't worked beggars belief..

So are you ignoring the last 2 seasons then?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
grimsby pete
August 23, 2012, 6:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If Fenty said Fook you all , I have had enough of the abuse,

We would not have anybody pumping money into the club,

SO

The tools we would be using, ie Manager and players would be of the cheaper kind,

We would have to work with the budget we could afford and  success would be much much harder to find.  

Lets just hope Fenty does not walk away unless you know a multi millionaire ready to invest in Town.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Quagmire
August 23, 2012, 6:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from grimsby pete
Lets just hope Fenty does not walk away unless you know a multi millionaire ready to invest in Town.

Mike Parker was ready, and invested £1million into the club - the idea that there isn't anybody out there interested is a load of rubbish.  

Fenty and his benign loans are the problem.  Nobody appears willing to want to work with him (and who can blame them) and nobody wants to pay him 3.5 million or whatever it is that he has loaned the club to pay for his complete incompetence and financial mismanagement - why should they?

He set the budgets, he employed countless poor managers, and agreed to pay off dozens of inadequate players - why should individuals interested in taking the club on have to have these debts passed on to them by the very man that has caused the debt in the first place.

Do we also put the board seat offer to the Trust as part of the share blackmailing in the pile labelled 'little white lies' along with "Neil Woods your job is safe", "We didn't tap up the chuckle brothers", and "I will invest my 500k in 2011 in shares just like you Mike"???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 23, 2012, 7:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Mike Parker was ready, and invested £1million into the club - the idea that there isn't anybody out there interested is a load of rubbish.  

Fenty and his benign loans are the problem.  Nobody appears willing to want to work with him (and who can blame them) and nobody wants to pay him 3.5 million or whatever it is that he has loaned the club to pay for his complete incompetence and financial mismanagement - why should they?

pretty sure Parker said he did not want to be chairman, when Fenty stepped down.

so basically would cost us 3.5 million to get rid of Fenty? if so more reason to keep him, unless you have 3.5 million to pay him back?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › TOOLS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.