2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
August 22, 2012, 9:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
anybody else watch the best that scottish football can offer? by christ they are gash; they'll get taken apart in the group stages.if helsingborg had had  a finisher they'd have been 3 or 4 down. can't keep possession, too many 'england-style' pointless long balls and the fact that samaras (a distinctly average international player) stood out like a sore thumb in terms of quality, says it all.
have to say the keeper looked ok and young forrest was excellent when he came on, but i thought helsingborg were by far the better team.

anyone know the odds on liverpool putting 4 or 5 past hearts on thursday night?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
August 22, 2012, 9:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Yeah, that Forster lad can't be far off an England call up as there doesn't look to be much between him and Ruddy. Except that Ruddy's played a year in the Prem of course.

Stewart Downing might even get a goal against Hearts!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Les Brechin
August 22, 2012, 9:31am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from forza ivano
anybody else watch the best that scottish football can offer? by christ they are gash; they'll get taken apart in the group stages.if helsingborg had had  a finisher they'd have been 3 or 4 down. can't keep possession, too many 'england-style' pointless long balls and the fact that samaras (a distinctly average international player) stood out like a sore thumb in terms of quality, says it all.
have to say the keeper looked ok and young forrest was excellent when he came on, but i thought helsingborg were by far the better team.

anyone know the odds on liverpool putting 4 or 5 past hearts on thursday night?

Liverpool couldn't put 4 or 5 past Town at the minute.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
porkies
August 22, 2012, 9:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
They were so bad I switched off! Mind you, they couldn't even beat Ross County on Saturday! I wonder how the demotion of Rangers has affected them. They probably think that they can win the Scottish League without trying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Chrisblor
August 22, 2012, 9:51am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,972
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from Abdul19
Stewart Downing might even get a goal against Hearts!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Maringer
August 22, 2012, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,683
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from porkies
They were so bad I switched off! Mind you, they couldn't even beat Ross County on Saturday! I wonder how the demotion of Rangers has affected them. They probably think that they can win the Scottish League without trying.

They probably can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
forza ivano
August 22, 2012, 9:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
and they're bloody deluded as well - some plank was actually seriously advocating that hodgson should call up gary hooper for the england squad!
well from what i've seen the england c squad might be about right - poor technical ability and dreadfully slow he's a league 1/lower championship player at best. in fact that probably sums up celtic's level - kris commons is one of their shining lights and he's only really a decent standard championship player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Les Brechin
August 22, 2012, 10:23am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from forza ivano
and they're bloody deluded as well - some plank was actually seriously advocating that hodgson should call up gary hooper for the england squad!
well from what i've seen the england c squad might be about right - poor technical ability and dreadfully slow he's a league 1/lower championship player at best. in fact that probably sums up celtic's level - kris commons is one of their shining lights and he's only really a decent standard championship player

Celtic's keeper had a decent game and kept them in it on more than one occasion. I didn't realise that he was English. Much more likely that he'll get a call from Hodgson rather than Hooper!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
marinerdean
August 22, 2012, 11:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
Don't underestimate Hearts, I can see them beating Liverpool, Liverpool are gash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Codzilla
August 22, 2012, 12:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
I watched Rangers first game of the season in the cup and baring in mind they still have/had half the team that was title contenders in the SPL they were absolutely shocking. The standard was pathetic and i'd go as far as saying I think Town would give them an half decent game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › celtic last night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.