Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Second only to Barcelona!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 104 Guests

Second only to Barcelona!

This thread currently has 2,037 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
August 22, 2012, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Problem is Moosey we seem to get that little bit worse year on year and going back to hoofball is the straw that broke the camels back for most,if i could see a work in progress i would back it and try to have a bit of patience and last year at times Town were worth watching at home playing some good football why change the style?

Because the style was not succesful perhaps?
We only looked good last year once we had drafted in a central midfielder to protect the back four, that plugged the massive gap we always had down the centre on counter attacks. Niven has been recruited this season and to me has so far done that, noticeable against Nuneaton we did not regain posession as quick without him.
There was also a definate change against Nuneaton to a more passing approach to begin with, didnt last long but i think thats because they sat in so much we struggled to break them down and with Soares offering no width on the left we did not get behind them.
If you go regular you will know what happens in the crowd....grumbles if we pass it around and retain possession, moans about not going forwards etc and then the instant we knock it forward howls of derision for playing hoof ball.
The managers changed personnel to suit the opposition and suspected weaknesses in the opposition side, they changed tactics after leaking goals and tightened up. Soares, Elding, Hatton performed quite poorly and they were the changes made to try and improve the footballing element for that game, Soares was pretty much anonymous bar the one time he got wide and fired in a decent cross.
All through pre season Soares has played very very narrow while supposedly out left and looks more comfortable central behind the front two or one.
Southport and Stockport we looked fairly solid, Southport we had a cracking spell leading upto our goal, pressured the ball well and created a good few chances.
We have played three games of a new season with what is now for the first time S&H own squad. 7(?) new signings to bed in, talisman missing for months bit too early for the head calling in my book. History has shown us changing managers and squads every 18 months has got us nowhere for 5/6 seasons now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Second only to Barcelona!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.