barralad
July 27, 2012, 5:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ska face

We were granted outline planning permission (i.e. permission for the development generally), but the sticking point was the lack of an anchor tenant - the firm that would locate on the site and provide the majority of funding for the development. IIRC, when the plans were first put forward, B&Q were the main anchor tenant in mind, but the delays saw them open up the megastore off Peaks Parkway instead, and as the financial crisis hit, interest in large, out-of-town developments waned.

The outline planning permission has since elapsed, nobody (Fenty included) seems interested in pursuing any development at that particular site and so it's dead in the water.

That is exactly as I understand the situation....

Does anyone know why a development wasn't considered on the other side (The Immingham side) of the A180?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
BiloLCFC
July 27, 2012, 6:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
What kind of capacity are you looking at?

I have to say Rotherham's new ground looks decent.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
Mrs Doyle
July 27, 2012, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
At the moment I would say about 10k with a option for another 5 to 10k if we regain league status.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
nelly_gtfc
July 27, 2012, 6:29pm
Guest User
I hope the design is fully closed in, with 10 to 12k capacity - I doubt we would need anymore unless we was in the premiership - away followings say 4-5k so 18k stadium needed at least then easily.

Look at Blackpool, used to average around 5 to 6k gates in the lower leagues, stadium redeveloped - promotion to premiership they averaged 16k and back in championship 13k.
Reply: 43 - 60
Wrawby_Mariner
July 27, 2012, 6:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
At the moment I would say about 10k with a option for another 5 to 10k if we regain league status.

This for me. We have to have a the option of expanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 44 - 60
scrumble
July 28, 2012, 8:56am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from barralad

That is exactly as I understand the situation....

Does anyone know why a development wasn't considered on the other side (The Immingham side) of the A180?

TBH I never understood why they didn't try for the other side of the link road, so it was halfway between GC and Healing, and would have outside the  exclusion area around CIBA, or whichever plant it was, that was used an excuse to delay ground.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
barralad
July 28, 2012, 9:43am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from scrumble

TBH I never understood why they didn't try for the other side of the link road, so it was halfway between GC and Healing, and would have outside the  exclusion area around CIBA, or whichever plant it was, that was used an excuse to delay ground.

Sorry mate-didn't make myself clear. I meant the Europarc side of the actual A180 although you make a good case for the other side of the link road

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
grimsby pete
July 28, 2012, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
I see the protestors are encouraging everybody concerned to sign thier ojection to the new ground,

Well lets make our list a lot longer than thiers.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
marinerian
July 28, 2012, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
You will always have objections and it us understandable.

The club and us as fans need to except it and show the residents respect snd show how it could benefit them, the area and thr local ecconomy.

Lets show them we are great fans. Could rhe trust,club, council and the concerned residents meet up to discuss the options and find a way to work together?

At the moment they are builing negative hype when no plans of ideas have been mafe public.

Please do not mock or abuse but engage by listening and putting reasanable debate forward.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 28, 2012, 1:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Nobody has mentioned the real reasons for the objections. Most people with half a brain know that the football ground isn't going to cause all that much bother wherever it is built because it only draws traffic now and again. There is a good case for not putting more concrete on fresh grass though, especially when you think of the effects of flooding.

But - The main objections must be about the other part of the plan, the retail bit. Whoever has that, say a supermarket or whatever, is going to need car parking, access, deliveries in and out and opening hours that match their competitors. This is what local residents would have to put up with 24/7. If the access is off the Parkway then that ruins the Parkway as a through road to and from town. Either it needs a roundabout or lights or it is an accident black spot. If the access is from Low Farm it means building a new road across good farmland. If the access is off Weelsby Road it means clogging that road up even more and using residential streets.

People have got to think about more than just the football club.

I'd love to see us get a new ground but this site definitely isn't the right place for it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Say Yes to Grimsby Town New Stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.