Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Muppets in the crowd!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 96 Guests

Muppets in the crowd!

This thread currently has 4,988 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
July 26, 2012, 8:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from WokingMariner
Shouldnt we be welcoming newcomers with open arms rather than turning them away because they have violated an imaginary dress code. If we encourage them they might even invest in more appropriate attire in good time. I belong to a drama society and we are pleased to see a new face. We would never look down on someone in a royal shakespeare tie,

You might do if it's Ronnie Corbett.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
rancido
July 26, 2012, 8:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from jonnyboy82

lets hang em too eh?

Hanging is too good for 'em !!!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
Codzilla
July 26, 2012, 8:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
I just don't understand why you'd go watch Grimsby Town wearing a Manchester United shirt? If he also follows United then that's up to him, but to actually wear the shirt to a Grimsby game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
kevikov
July 26, 2012, 8:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Codzilla
I just don't understand why you'd go watch Grimsby Town wearing a Manchester United shirt? If he also follows United then that's up to him, but to actually wear the shirt to a Grimsby game?

Maybe its the only shirt he's got? Literally, the only shirt.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
GrimRob
July 26, 2012, 9:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,469
Gold Stars: 115
What about people who cheer at half time when the Man Utd score is announced and they're winning? Should they be pointed towards the exits by the thought police?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 55
ROKERITE
July 26, 2012, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
What about people who cheer at half time when the Man Utd score is announced and they're winning? Should they be pointed towards the exits by the thought police?

No, by the stewards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
tonyfordsmicrofro
July 26, 2012, 9:45pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from GrimRob

Yes.................. Purely on the basis that it would make me laugh.

I vowed never to buy a Town shirt on the way home from "that game" at Burton until we were back in the league. A spur of the moment decision maybe but a decision I've stuck with because at the time we truly did deserve to go down and I was utterly ashamed to be a Grimsby Town fan.

I've not worn any other clubs colours, never will and I'd be more than happy to wear a Town shirt again if someone bought me one for Christmas or whatever. I just can't quite bring myself to buying one while we're non league.

Back on subject. If people are paying to get into Blundell Park, in my eyes they can wear whatever they want. Looking at the lad wearing the MUFC shirt (who has payed to watch Town in a non competitive* game I might add), he looks pretty happy to me after witnessing a Town goal. More of the same and he might actually sway towards wearing black and white.

*Lincs trophy or whatever it's called is not competitive IMO

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
kevikov
July 26, 2012, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Yes.................. Purely on the basis that it would make me laugh.

I vowed never to buy a Town shirt on the way home from "that game" at Burton until we were back in the league. A spur of the moment decision maybe but a decision I've stuck with because at the time we truly did deserve to go down and I was utterly ashamed to be a Grimsby Town fan.

I've not worn any other clubs colours, never will and I'd be more than happy to wear a Town shirt again if someone bought me one for Christmas or whatever.[b] I just can't quite bring myself to buying one while we're non league.
[/b]
Back on subject. If people are paying to get into Blundell Park, in my eyes they can wear whatever they want. Looking at the lad wearing the MUFC shirt (who has payed to watch Town in a non competitive* game I might add), he looks pretty happy to me after witnessing a Town goal. More of the same and he might actually sway towards wearing black and white.

*Lincs trophy or whatever it's called is not competitive IMO

I'm the same! Said it the second we knew we were down for sure, don't know why but i've stuck with it. Problem is i'm in the shirt we went down in now and feel shite every time i put it on! Tend to wear the last nike one we had more, nicer shirt anyway, I am looking forward to buying a shirt next year though. And i have said no when my missus offered to buy me one for winterfestivalcelebrationday.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
DubaiMariner
July 27, 2012, 2:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Quoted from 891
Can NOT see any problem with it at all, 2 simple points

1) 90% of people who comment on here are the ones to moan when "armchair" fans want to stay at home so why is it a bad problem that he has come wearing a scum shirt ??? wait it aint

2)He like others can go all season (wearing crap its them that looks like fools) AS !!! it is giving the club some much need cash or again do you FICKLE lot on here really not want the club to survive ??

I would rather the club go under.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
upthestripes
July 27, 2012, 3:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
I have a mate who follows a prem team but sometimes comes to games with me cos he says he's got a "soft spot for town". I just never quite know what to say to that. It leaves me lost for words.
But that's what I always think of when I see people in prem shirts at town games, like they've gone to cheer on town until the 'proper' or 'real' football teams start playing again.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Muppets in the crowd!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.