FishOutOfWater
May 14, 2012, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from upthestripes

I've rather enjoyed them tbh, wouldn't say boring at all.

I feel the same - especially on Saturday when Huddersfield slam dunked the Donuts in their own backyard (Stadium MK)  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 11
pseudonym
May 14, 2012, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

You are dead right, City are my second favourite team.

You do not realise how important that nail biting win last night means to the true Mancs supporters in my home City.

Thought we had blown it.

I was in the Kingsway Social club Cleethborpes sat there with my Man City shirt signed by Denis Law and Colin Bell behaving myself by being relativly quiet but when that final goal went in I am afraid I lost it and went absolutly crackers.

It has been a long time for City fans to live next door to the Reds and be taunted by the lack of success we have lacked over the endless years of despair and gloom.

Its all finished now and my main concern is Grimsby Town I really am hoping that we can pick a few decent players up in the summer to give promotion a really good chance next season.
Dave Boylen (NEWFOOTBALLER)
[b][/b]

I remember being in the Kippax for the 1968 Charity Shield 6-1 win over West Brom. City had some great players i.e.
Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Glyn Pardoe, Tony Book, Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Neil Young, George Heslop and Ken Mulhearn. Can't remember the name of the one they got from Bury who scored twice in that game though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dave Boylen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.