2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
May 10, 2012, 8:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
considering the nations getting squeezed to fuk the play off final tickets seem a tad expensive for pub footy, same old out of touch old farts
Logged Offline
Private Message
siy2k5
May 10, 2012, 9:43am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
How much are they?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
FishOutOfWater
May 10, 2012, 1:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
I heard an ad on Talksport last night for the FA Trophy final...

I can't see there being much interest in this outside of Newport and York to be honest but the FA must be getting desperate if they have to appeal to a national audience to come to Wembley
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 16
siy2k5
May 10, 2012, 2:42pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I heard an ad on Talksport last night for the FA Trophy final...

I can't see there being much interest in this outside of Newport and York to be honest but the FA must be getting desperate if they have to appeal to a national audience to come to Wembley

I heard that too. Tbf why wouldn't they? It's hardly going to be a sell out.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
roundballovalhole
May 10, 2012, 3:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
considering the nations getting squeezed to fuk the play off final tickets seem a tad expensive for pub footy, same old out of touch old farts

No one is making anyone go.  That is how business works. . . . . products are priced by suppliers and the demand of customers works out the attendance!  

Everyone wants something for nothing nowadays. . . . . . if we were at the play off final, there would be folk on here suggesting Fenty should put on free coaches and morons going  "yeah lets pack the park. . . . blah blah"

Hand, wallet, open, money, pay. . . . Or you could always just shut the funk up!!!

Reply: 4 - 16
May 10, 2012, 3:42pm
Guest User
2250 ticket sold for Gainsboroughs play-off final and only 250 left.
Reply: 5 - 16
FishOutOfWater
May 10, 2012, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from siy2k5

I heard that too. Tbf why wouldn't they? It's hardly going to be a sell out.

I just think the FA know that the attendance is going to be next to nothing, especially as York have a much bigger game in the Play Off Final so are clutching at straws to try and get just anybody along

To my mind though this is a match of only local partisan interest so broadcasting ticket availability to the whole UK isn't suddenly going to stimulate demand....maybe one or two might hear it and think what a great day out, Newport v York, but I'd hardly expect them to generate many sales from the floating fan

I don't know the costs of advertising on national radio but I'd bet that the expense of it won't be covered by any extra ticket sales from their advertising

Then again this is the FA....who knows how they work?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 16
siy2k5
May 11, 2012, 11:06am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Yeah fair point. They might get the odd casual fan or people that fancy a "cheap" trip to wembley, especially those that haven't been there yet. Hardly a fixture to get the pulses racing for a neutral though.

Quoted from marinerian

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Paris Mariner
May 11, 2012, 12:20pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 1739
2250 ticket sold for Gainsboroughs play-off final and only 250 left.

It's sold out!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 16
moosey_club
May 11, 2012, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
One of the top bods from the FA was on Talksport at lunchtime today, was asked the following questions and gave the answers..in as many words ;

Will the FA cup semi finals return to neutral grounds ?    No, Wembley has to be paid for and we have 17,000 corporate sponsors who help meet that financial burden and the bigger capacity raises more funds also.

Will the FA Cup ever be the last game of the season?  Probably not mainly due to Europa/ Champions league fixture demands.

England kits are changing very frequently why as this impacts on supporters finances? Umbro have paid handsomely for the right to produce the England kit and in effect are free to produce as much England branded kit teamwear as they want to.

They have sold their soul.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › play off final tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.