4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
May 5, 2012, 11:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
More misery for their supporters, no trains and M40 now closed due to an accident, maybe Im wrong but I suppose half their fans will be from down south anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
May 5, 2012, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Madeleymariner
maybe Im wrong but I suppose half their fans will be from down south anyway.
think you maybe right plastic fans I call them  glory hunters plain and simple.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Abdul19
May 5, 2012, 11:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Good job it's a late kick off then!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
NorfolkImp
May 5, 2012, 12:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
FA Cup Final Day .... only those of a certain vintage would appreciate the day in front of the tele, growing up in the 70's.

Watching from mid-morning with all the antics such as Its An Knockout etc, followed by an actual live 90 minutes and all its drama. Stuffing pop & crisps down your necks with your mates before going outside into the street to re-enact Rix's cross to Sunderland at the back stick to shatter the Rag hearts after their comeback!  

I can real off every 70-mid 80's Final and goalscorer, but havn't a clue who won it recently, apart from last season of course when I finally attended my first ever Final, and what an occasion it was    

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
topuphere666
May 5, 2012, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
The fa cup has lost all it's traditions.

It should never be played before the end of the league fixtures. It should always be a 3pm kick off. The semis should be at Club grounds (neutral) not wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
tashee69
May 5, 2012, 12:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rick12
think you maybe right plastic fans I call them  glory hunters plain and simple.

While I don't like glory hunters, if they go to the games then I can handle it. It's those fans that watch them on tv occasionally and have an old shirt they wear and claim to be fans. At my work place a Liverpool "fan" asked a Man Utd "fan" what squad number did Rooney wear. He didn't know. The funniest thing about this is that underneath is overall he was wearing a Man Utd shirt with a number 10 on the back with Rooney on it.  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
RoboCod
May 5, 2012, 1:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from NorfolkImp
FA Cup Final Day .... only those of a certain vintage would appreciate the day in front of the tele, growing up in the 70's.

Watching from mid-morning with all the antics such as Its An Knockout etc, followed by an actual live 90 minutes and all its drama. Stuffing pop & crisps down your necks with your mates before going outside into the street to re-enact Rix's cross to Sunderland at the back stick to shatter the Rag hearts after their comeback!  

I can real off every 70-mid 80's Final and goalscorer, but havn't a clue who won it recently, apart from last season of course when I finally attended my first ever Final, and what an occasion it was    

And Freddie Starr just generally messing around on the pitch. Sounds simple, rather stupid now but infinitely better than the hours of pundit dullness that lies ahead today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
barralad
May 5, 2012, 1:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Madeleymariner
More misery for their supporters, no trains and M40 now closed due to an accident, maybe Im wrong but I suppose half their fans will be from down south anyway.

No. I have it on strong authority that only Man U have any fans based outside of their home city.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
STB
May 5, 2012, 1:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from topuphere666
The fa cup has lost all it's traditions.

It should never be played before the end of the league fixtures. It should always be a 3pm kick off. The semis should be at Club grounds (neutral) not wembley.

Why?

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
Doctor Sanchez
May 5, 2012, 1:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from STB

Why?

Probably because that formula worked in making the FA cup final the biggest game of the season.  Since that formula has been changed, the Cup final doesn't seem to have the same attraction as it used to.  For me anyway and probably for quite a few others as well.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liverpool Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.