Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Shrinking playing squad

This thread currently has 2,473 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
May 3, 2012, 10:42pm
Guest User
I find it ridiculous that some folk on here are getting excited by who scitt and hurst are gonna bring in for silk, i'anson, coulson etc

All that is happening is more penny pinching saving on playets wsges throughout yhe summer months!  Typical short termism from fenty

The end i fear, is nigh. . .

We'll be bottom half next season!
ginnywings
May 3, 2012, 11:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
I see the usual naysayers have come out of the woodwork.

Normal squad turnover that happens at every club in the land at this time of the year is being used as a stick to beat S&H.

The same people who complain at our finishing league position are now complaining that the players who achieved this feat are being released.

No one knows who is coming in and whether they will be better than those they are replacing. Think i'll wait and see before i pass judgement on the outgoings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
moosey_club
May 3, 2012, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

No one knows who is coming in and whether they will be better than those they are replacing. Think i'll wait and see before i pass judgement on the outgoings.

I like the post Ginny....but what is most important is this......is it your turn to be optimistic and mine to be pessimistic or the other way round next season?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
ginnywings
May 3, 2012, 11:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

I like the post Ginny....but what is most important is this......is it your turn to be optimistic and mine to be pessimistic or the other way round next season?  

As my post says, think i'll just see what happens. I'm just hoping that we've bottomed out and it's onward and upward from now on.

It's interesting to see the different take people have on things. The pessimists and naysayers are pointing out the league position and the "exodus" of players leaving the club.

The optimists are pointing out the good run, the goals scored, the bigger number of home wins and the bigger points haul.

I'm somewhere in between i think and will just say i am being realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Shiver
May 3, 2012, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Quoted from ginnywings
and will just say i am being realistic.

Wrong forum for that

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
roundballovalhole
May 3, 2012, 11:32pm
Guest User
We have gone into last weeks of pre season with 7 players signrd on. . . And one of the factors that people pointed to when we finished in the same position as we did last season, was squad stability!

Call me a naysayer but ffs gtfc have been naydoers for over a decade. . .

Grinning optimism in the face of such abject, repeated fsilure is quite idiotic!
Reply: 5 - 27
gobby
May 4, 2012, 7:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Doom and Gloom is in evidence, fear not as we have Bradders! Left back, right back, centre back, midfield but yet to be proven striker. What more do you want?
On a serious note apart from Coulson and Charlie the others that have left were not outstanding regulars who got praise after every game, in fact most Fishyites moaned about them so replacements will be found as Hearn was when that super hero Connell left.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
RoboCod
May 4, 2012, 7:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
We're barely into May ! Most clubs need to shift players on and get the wage bill down. Other players are under the microscope, but they're not going to be joining us yet, or the wage bill will soar, it's months until the season starts.

Take a breath and remember, it's still only May!!*

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
chicaneuk
May 4, 2012, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I'm nervous but confident in the managers. They have given fans something to enjoy this season. Yes we didn't finish where we wanted to, helped in no small part by a slow start to the season, but we were at least able to go to a lot of games this season and be confident of a win which is something we haven't had for a few years.

UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
May 4, 2012, 8:42am
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
I find it ridiculous that some folk on here are getting excited by who scitt and hurst are gonna bring in for silk, i'anson, coulson etc

All that is happening is more penny pinching saving on playets wsges throughout yhe summer months!  Typical short termism from fenty

The end i fear, is nigh. . .

We'll be bottom half next season!

Its also worth noting that clubs only give contracts out until June 1st now so IMO thus us the reason for the players leaving now !
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrinking playing squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.