Abdul19
May 2, 2012, 10:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from fiveallive
Well he might good enough for Alan Knilll's team because he has players like Jimmy Ryan and Bobby Grant both played for Accrington in the BSP and League 2 so maybe he's building a hard working team.

Neither of those 2 played for Stanley in the Conference but I agree that Coulson's good enough.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 128
tonyfordsmicrofro
May 2, 2012, 10:54pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I just think the stats are decdptive, IMO he is a worker, he is not particularly quick or skillful and isnt a natural winger! We can do better!

WHS x 2. I think Coulson's been average all season. Not a patch on the previous season. If he wants off, let him go!

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 128
80sglory
May 3, 2012, 12:15am
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
He's been released. All the players are now on holiday.  He ain't coming back here, he's been shown the door, there are no matches or club business left, so why act in this way? Pointless.

Well I guess you're right and to be fair marinerz won me over to his point of view.

I don't think it was necessarily pointless cos he might have said yes. (it's all hypothetical of course)
All I was really saying was, there's always a business angle to dealing with money and contracts.
I guess (if true) it was no more than a bit of opportunism in the hope Coulo might say "Oh sodomist it then ok..."

Though whether it's a good idea or not is a different matter and think marinerz makes a fair point.
One thing I did wonder though marinerz is where your evidence of other players receiving preferential treatment (for lack of a better word) in being paid off without needing permission for trials etc came from ?
Are you sure Coulo wasn't just in a brand new situation ? (hypothetically)

Quoted from headingly_mariner
That is the Fenty way, this is nothing new save hundreds and lose thousands.

This is what I just don't get about Fenty.
I can understand him not wanting to dip his hand in his pocket but almost every decision (except sacking Woods IMO) seems to be poorly timed or misjudged and it just seems to cost HIM more and more.

Suppose I get the impression he's trying to run a football team like a standard business.
Yes it's technically a business but don't see how you can plan financially when football fortune and decisions are such a huge factor.

tbh I wonder what our strategy is when we always seem to have the same budget every season.
Surely if we had a strategy or long term plan we'd see some big swings up and down in the playing budget ?
i.e. save big and the managers rebuild year 1, go for it year 2 and spend what we've saved ?

Yes I know STs are a factor but not sure chasing promotion EVERY single season has done us much ultimate good either.
Fans get impatient and won't like waiting a year ? They're hardly pleased as punch now !...

Now we're cutting in year 2 ?!
Makes no sense to me - if you back S&H and give them the best chance then at least you'll know !
If goes wrong you can start over and no-one's got any complaints (well they can't say you haven't tried !)

But as a club we just seem to be in a dual state of promotion chasing whilst continually rebuilding...  

Yes we can hold back and wait to spend money if things are going well, but if lack of money IS a big factor then it becomes a self defeating/fulfilling prophecy.

So I say back S&H NOW.
Then at least we can say we gave it a right good go.
If it doesn't work out then cards on the table, slash, rebuild and back youth/young players with the promise of huge investment later.
People will probably back it and unite if they see a well thought out plan ! (perhaps mention this before you spend big ?)

But I fear we're fannying about trying to be best at everything every year and ultimately achieving nothing.  
If a "competitive" budget leaves us just short again this season, then the fine margin to success will be of little comfort for me.

It's a bit like the team - I don't mind people failing badly just so long as they try their best...(not saying Fenty hasn't tried his best but you know what I mean...)
Reply: 122 - 128
Rodley Mariner
May 3, 2012, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Coulson's not good enough for League 1 just like Danny Butterfield was never good enough for the Championship. He'll probably just slide into oblivion now he's been judged as not good enough for Town. I wonder what Butterfield's up to these days? Probably a binman or something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 128
Mr. Patient
May 3, 2012, 10:21am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Butterfield's been playing regularly in the Southampton team that's just been promoted to the Premier League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 128
Rodley Mariner
May 3, 2012, 10:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mr. Patient
Butterfield's been playing regularly in the Southampton team that's just been promoted to the Premier League

Yeah, that's why I wrote that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 128
Mighty_Mariner
May 3, 2012, 10:38am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mr. Patient

Hello Mr Face, meet Mr Palm!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 128
Mr. Patient
May 3, 2012, 10:40am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Ha ha! Sorry Rodley, that was my first ever post, not familiar with your irony!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 128
Rodley Mariner
May 3, 2012, 10:43am
Special Brew Drinker
No worries matey!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 128
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson rejects deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.