Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton v York, Does it really matter?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 48 Guests

Luton v York, Does it really matter?

This thread currently has 4,443 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
March 30, 2012, 10:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mariner91

Could you post a link to their forum UTS?

Just google Luton Outlaws.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
GrimRob
March 30, 2012, 10:33pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
About the worst possible result for us. Can't see us catching York now. Have to pray for Hayes and Yeading not losing at Southport tomorrow. Obviously we need to beat Kiddie tomorrow and then get a rugby league score at Darlo to improve our goal difference. If not it's the snookers required stage.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 50
Les Brechin
March 30, 2012, 10:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,731
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from GrimRob
About the worst possible result for us. Can't see us catching York now. Have to pray for Hayes and Yeading not losing at Southport tomorrow. Obviously we need to beat Kiddie tomorrow and then get a rugby league score at Darlo to improve our goal difference. If not it's the snookers required stage.

We don't need to catch York though. We just need to catch Luton (who have only 2 points from their last 5 games) and be within 3 points of Southport on the last day of the season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Alfie
March 30, 2012, 10:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from GrimRob

I totally disagree.

For me, York are just about in there now - with their run in.

It's between us, Southport, Kiddy, Gateshead and Luton now for the last place. It's a very tough ask and we're definitely odds against. It's a slim chance but Luton are in freefall and we still have Kiddy, Southport & Gateshead to play at home. At this stage, we want to be playing teams around us. Six pointers every time. Obviously we need to win five out of six to have a chance but as long as we're within three points come the last day i'd fancy us.

Just worries me we've got to go to Wrexham.

If we win tomorrow I really fancy us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
mariner91
March 30, 2012, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,847
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 1054

Its a sticky lazy @rse!  jeez, people are lazy on here. . . how many saturdays does someone request the link for radio humberside ffs!

Well I never usually look at other team's forums so didn't realise that sticky was there. Still lazy I'll admit but calm down man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
GrimRob
March 30, 2012, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Les Brechin

We don't need to catch York though. We just need to catch Luton (who have only 2 points from their last 5 games) and be within 3 points of Southport on the last day of the season.

True I suppose but we absolutely have to beat Kidderminster, Gateshead and Southport. That alone is a tall order. 3 points tomorrow would be a welcome first step though. One game at a time!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 50
upthestripes
March 30, 2012, 11:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from mariner91

Could you post a link to their forum UTS?

Sorry mate, logged off before I saw this. It's here anyway if you still want it:

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
80sglory
March 30, 2012, 11:05pm
Guest User
I think Les is right, I think it's quite a good result.  
We already knew York were a very good team and realistically, were likely to be in the mix.
tbf Luton didn't look bad but it's yet ANOTHER tough pill to swallow. Next up for them, an easy one vs Gateshead away on Tuesday.  

Not concerned about anyone else except Southport and Luton - the likes of Gateshead and Kiddy will most probably fall short.
Reply: 47 - 50
we will return
March 30, 2012, 11:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from upthestripes

Sorry mate, logged off before I saw this. It's here anyway if you still want it:

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/

Wow they really are losing it, one guy on there wants Mike Newell back.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Brabout now
March 31, 2012, 11:48am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Told you boys we would bottle it, we have bottled it everytime this year when a decent team has come to us. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. No heart, no passion. Brabin and Carden back to Scouseland please                                                
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton v York, Does it really matter?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.