Googlebot and 86 Guests

Flat Atmosphere

This thread currently has 1,842 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jimbo22
March 10, 2012, 3:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
For the 2nd consecutive home game JT has said the atmosphere is flat at Blundell Park, amazing considering were in a playoff battle. need to get the ground buzzing and make it a hostile place for visiting teams, especially for tuesday night!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
immariner
March 10, 2012, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
I don't go in for all this 'the fans can only go off what happens on the pitch' line. Yeah, sure it helps if the team start the game well, put the other team under pressure, and perhaps get the early lead. But as far as I'm concerned the supporters have a responsibility to get behind the team regardless. As you say: in the play off hunt, commendable effort away to the league leaders in the week- the crowd should have been up for it. I'm sure they got behind the team towards the end anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
mariner91
March 10, 2012, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,822
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from immariner
I don't go in for all this 'the fans can only go off what happens on the pitch' line. Yeah, sure it helps if the team start the game well, put the other team under pressure, and perhaps get the early lead. But as far as I'm concerned the supporters have a responsibility to get behind the team regardless. As you say: in the play off hunt, commendable effort away to the league leaders in the week- the crowd should have been up for it. I'm sure they got behind the team towards the end anyway!

Agreed. We need to be loud all season. BP in full voice will frighten the life out of some of the teams we play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
March 10, 2012, 5:43pm
Guest User
So quiet today in the pontoon. Hope it is 10 times as loud for the York game on Tuesday ,UTM!
Reply: 3 - 11
cmackenzie4
March 10, 2012, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 1739
So quiet today in the pontoon. Hope it is 10 times as loud for the York game on Tuesday ,UTM!

Well my son and i will be there singing in full voice.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
marinette
March 10, 2012, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I reckon the level of atmosphere has a lot to do with expectation, the perceived status of the opposition and adrenalin when we are under the cosh.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
March 10, 2012, 6:05pm
Guest User
Make sure you invite as many people as you can for the York game , such a big game,UTM!
Reply: 6 - 11
jimbo22
March 10, 2012, 7:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Hopefully the Ground is a bit fuller with us winning today, should get a few more fans interested.  Think the crowd can help motivate the players a bit tuesday night, specially if the the pontoon is in full voice. Need some songs and chants coming from the terraces even if we are all nervous because it passes onto the players. Just give your abuse to the York players, lets make BP the non league cauldron of noise for the remaining games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
nickmariners
March 10, 2012, 9:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
... or "flatmosphere".  See what I did there? boom boom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Jarmo.Is.God
March 10, 2012, 9:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from jimbo22
Hopefully the Ground is a bit fuller with us winning today, should get a few more fans interested.  Think the crowd can help motivate the players a bit tuesday night, specially if the the pontoon is in full voice. Need some songs and chants coming from the terraces even if we are all nervous because it passes onto the players. Just give your abuse to the York players, lets make BP the non league cauldron of noise for the remaining games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Flat Atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.