Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 7AM Start ! ROLL CALL
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 102 Guests

7AM Start ! ROLL CALL

This thread currently has 17,043 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
flash1
February 13, 2012, 8:26am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qB7SToyNVs

i used to love this ,just saying!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 200
roundballovalhole
February 13, 2012, 12:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I don't think I have. Your prodigious use of the word 'f***tard' in other posts is highly offensive. You may think you are an egalitarian, your language says different.

Is being a idiot a recognised health problem idiot?
Reply: 181 - 200
forza ivano
February 14, 2012, 11:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pseudonym
Why should I apologise to the do-gooders on here regarding Zulu who happens to be a good friend of mine.

thought about this last night - couple of points for pseudonym

1)maybe 40-50 years ago your 'spade' joke would've been funny,but i think most people have moved on from that and now just find that bernard manning/jim davidson'offensive jokiness' embarrassing at the very least.
2) i'm a bit surprised that you didn't think twice about posting this , especially after the furore over your' jokey' comments about 'dilly graham'
3) i'm sure your friend did laugh about it all.perhaps he laughed in the same way that i laugh/grimly smile when my mates make jokey comments about northern monkeys/feckin northern scum/ stink of fish etc etc. after 40 years of it it does become slightly tedious as i'm sure you can imagine. i may be smiling on the outside but it don't half urine me off on the inside. i don't say owt coz i'm in a minority, i've heard it all before, i don't want unnecessary hassle and what good would it do moaning anyway? doesn't make the comments any more acceptable though.
4) the points raised about feeling offended on other people's behalf - i'm not a woman ,but i can still feel offended by sexist behaviour and leeriness towards women and i find it unacceptable. don't you find it uncomfortable if a bloke is being sexist/demeaning/lairy to a woman?
5) i understand you are responsible for running the away travel to town matches - you might wish to consider a) how comfortable a black/mixed race/asian town fan would feel about travelling away with you knowing you make such comments and b) I know its unlikely but just imagine if someone was out to make mischief and gave out all the details to a journalist.how do you think you/this site/the club would look. don't think it would read too well would it, especially given our reputation?
whatever you say, or however you might like to deny it, you are in a position of some responsibility and are a 'face of the club' and in that respect may i respectfully suggest you take a couple of minutes to think before posting your 'hilarious asides'?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 200
Ipswin
February 14, 2012, 12:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I thought yours was a well argued and reasonable posting if a little biased towards how you feel prsonally (lots of ' I, I'm, I've and I don't) then I got to this:

Quoted from forza ivano

(thought about this last night - couple of points for pseudonym)

b) I know its unlikely but just imagine if someone was out to make mischief and gave out all the details to a journalist.how do you think you/this site/the club would look. don't think it would read too well would it, especially given our reputation?
whatever you say, or however you might like to deny it, you are in a position of some responsibility and are a 'face of the club' and in that respect may i respectfully suggest you take a couple of minutes to think before posting your 'hilarious asides'?

UTM

FFS get a grip. If Terry making the inferred wrong use of the word 'spade' is all we have to worry about then the club is in amazing health.

Firstly I can't see any journalist (except maybe the daft tvvat from the Isle of Wight on The Chase last night who admitted writing the headline 'Shell found on beach' about the finding of a WWII bomb) having the slightest interest in one man's posting on the site of a little non-league football club.

Fishy posters are going to have to make many more offensive postings than Terry's before the press see Grimsby Town FC as anything other than the unruly violent mob who have forever grabbed all the bad publicity going and earned us the bad reputation to which you refer by their behaviour at Burton.

To think that one posting on here might in any way add to our already tarnished reputation is laughable To be on the safe side tho' I do think Terry should cancel the idea of 'whites only' seats on the bus and insist the driver does not wear his KKK outfit.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 200
pseudonym
February 14, 2012, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Harlem mariner

Like i said does a good job on organising travel but should keep his racist remarks to his self and comments about disabled people
Incidentally, I have raised money for the Handicapped Supporters Club previously. Flash will confirm that I was accused of trying to gain popularity in their members by one of their committee. Obviously I didn't try raising cash for them again. Saying that I liaise with Daphne if we/they are fully booked to enable people to travel.  Maybe you lot ought to consider raising money for them !!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 200
headingly_mariner
February 14, 2012, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from pseudonym
Incidentally, I have raised money for the Handicapped Supporters Club previously. Flash will confirm that I was accused of trying to gain popularity in their members by one of their committee. Obviously I didn't try raising cash for them again. Saying that I liaise with Daphne if we/they are fully booked to enable people to travel.  Maybe you lot ought to consider raising money for them !!!

I am sorry what does that have to do with a racist joke or a joke about a disabled person?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 200
pseudonym
February 14, 2012, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I am sorry what does that have to do with a racist joke or a joke about a disabled person?
Ask Chubby Brown

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 200
headingly_mariner
February 14, 2012, 7:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from pseudonym
Ask Chubby Brown

Why does he pay discrimination tax as well?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 200
Harlem mariner
February 14, 2012, 7:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from pseudonym

If i was you i would leave it now, the hole your digging is just getting deeper and i will repeat for the last time racism in any shape or form is not acceptable in 2012 not even in grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 200
flash1
February 14, 2012, 8:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
i think i speak for most on here when i say i think enoughs been said on this,,for the love of god move on!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 200
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 7AM Start ! ROLL CALL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.