Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Record Attempt !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 70 Guests

World Record Attempt !

This thread currently has 878 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
January 2, 2012, 10:09pm
Guest User
Evening all it has being brought to my attention from the folk who sit near me that i have a very load Clap. So it has being said i should give the World Record attempt ago.... Yes this may seem strange but i was thinking i could do this and help raise some money for 2 Charities one being the Youth Fund and one more  

However to get the ball rolling i do require a special bit of kit being made available !

this is a Decibel recorder which will record and give me an idea of how loud my clap really is, granted i am only in the early stages of this attempt however i felt it would be great if i could give this ago and maybe earn some money for some Charities !

All help or advice would be very welcome

Just for you all to know the loudness of this record it currently stands at 113 dBA - at this stage i really am looking to find out how loud mine is and weather i should give it ago

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-2000/loudest-clap/

Kind Regards
Gazza

hertfordshire mariner
January 2, 2012, 11:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from 891
Evening all it has being brought to my attention from the folk who sit near me that i have a very load Clap. So it has being said i should give the World Record attempt ago.... Yes this may seem strange but i was thinking i could do this and help raise some money for 2 Charities one being the Youth Fund and one more  

However to get the ball rolling i do require a special bit of kit being made available !

this is a Decibel recorder which will record and give me an idea of how loud my clap really is, granted i am only in the early stages of this attempt however i felt it would be great if i could give this ago and maybe earn some money for some Charities !

Just for you all to know the loudness of this record it currently stands at 113 dBA - at this stage i really am looking to find out how loud mine is and weather i should give it ago

Kind Regards
Gazza

thats one loud clap!! most rock bands peak at 110dba at concerts. ive got a db meter but it belongs to work, not sure i could take it out, its cost £800

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
RoboCod
January 2, 2012, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Tell the club. Get yourself photo'd at BP in the GT with the management and players, they'd be up for it, community coverage and charity is a great PR chance for any club. AND AN UNUSUAL STORY!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Shithouse Rat
January 2, 2012, 11:15pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Coxy get in touch with the Council, they should have a db meter and may help out of you explain what it's for.

[img]http://www.musicquizworld.com/images/banner_bobmarley.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
acko338
January 3, 2012, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Environmental Health / Community Pride have to prove noise levels accurately for court actions - they should have a calibrated noise meter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Biccys
January 3, 2012, 9:01am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
There's an app for that....!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
moosey_club
January 3, 2012, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from 891

Kind Regards
Gazza

Have one at work which i should be able to obtain no bother. Will PM you once i find it.
Would suggest you contact Guinness for the exact criteria as they will no doubt have things like type of space recorded in and distance from noise source recorded at restrictions.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
ticker_1610
January 3, 2012, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
It's a strange one but true Coxys clapping hurts your ears! Elding said so!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
January 3, 2012, 11:56am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
There's an app for that....!

Thanks for the replies guys and Biccys you know am not that posh to have a phone that can download things on i live in Grimsby FFS
Reply: 8 - 9
Biccys
January 3, 2012, 12:04pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Yeah that's very true. Nobody could ever describe you as posh...!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Record Attempt !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.