Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Offside rule!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 86 Guests

Offside rule!!

This thread currently has 1,997 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
January 2, 2012, 3:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
the bbc are terrible at reporting, absoloutly diabolical and the amount of things what they get wrong is astonishing

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Conference10
January 2, 2012, 4:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
You are missing the point. The problem isn't miss interpretation of the offside law. All the officials fully understand what the law means. The problem is merely with making bad judgements or mistakes when applying the law.

You see it time and again on match of the day. Last night the Sunderland scorer was clearly offside and the replay showed the linesmans mistake in not keeping up with play in order to spot the offside. Or conversely there are many examples when the flag goes up when shouldn't have. They are just bad calls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Conference10
January 2, 2012, 4:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Quoted from semilapsedmariner
As famously quoted from a famous manager, If your not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the pitch.

Indeed, Brian Clough.

He was wrong though for many reasons on that one. Defenders, goalkeeper back at the other end for example. Silly old sodomist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
supertown
January 2, 2012, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,486
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Conference10

Indeed, Brian Clough.

He was wrong though for many reasons on that one. Defenders, goalkeeper back at the other end for example. Silly old sodomist.

no he wasnt, he was refering to the person offside  not interferring with play, not every player on the field, silly sodomist
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
JazzMariner
January 2, 2012, 8:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Quoted from Conference10
You are missing the point. The problem isn't miss interpretation of the offside law. All the officials fully understand what the law means. The problem is merely with making bad judgements or mistakes when applying the law.

You see it time and again on match of the day. Last night the Sunderland scorer was clearly offside and the replay showed the linesmans mistake in not keeping up with play in order to spot the offside. Or conversely there are many examples when the flag goes up when shouldn't have. They are just bad calls.
Sorry but he was 'slightly' offside when  the picture was stopped but when it was re-started it was very marginal as to whether he was still off. There was a similar situation in the arsenal game tonight and the pundit said 'it was clearly onside and the lino was wrong there' yet even with the film stopped it was bordeline. How exactly do pundits, players, managers and fans expect the officials to get tthese borderline decisions right everytime when it's so difficult even with the action stopped.

i often hear ex-players on the radio complaining that referees have never played football!! I suspect that 99.999999% of players have never run the line or reffed a game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Biccys
January 3, 2012, 10:54am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from aaron rattray
the bbc are terrible at reporting, absoloutly diabolical and the amount of things what they get wrong is astonishing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328680.stm

Panther sent of at 89.11.

89:25
Tony Sinclair concedes a free kick for a foul on Emmanuel Panther. Conor Townsend takes the free kick

So Panther was fouled after being sent off? There must be some kind of law against that....?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 20
aldi_01
January 3, 2012, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It's not a rule it's a LAW. Football has laws of the game. Rules are in reference to competitions, extra time in cup games, colours teams are allowed to wear, etc...

The law hasn't changed, the so called experts aren't referees and haven done the job. The fact is refereeing and bein an assistant referee is hard. They all know the law but there is a special little word in the laws of association football called 'opinion' and sometimes the officials opinion is wrong in the eyes of supporters and clubs....

And yes, sometimes they will make a mistake, they are human afterall. How many flipping mistakes had terry made this year etc...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
ticker_1610
January 3, 2012, 11:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
How many talking points would we have if the officials n players didn't make errors? The game would be sterile. That's why I only support the introduction of goal line technology no other replays or owt. Gosh it would end up dragging on like American Football, where most of the time is spent reviewing moves and decisions, taking breaks n changing teams! Entertaining in it's own right but not what I want to watch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
aaron rattray
January 3, 2012, 11:14am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Biccys

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328680.stm

Panther sent of at 89.11.

89:25
Tony Sinclair concedes a free kick for a foul on Emmanuel Panther. Conor Townsend takes the free kick

So Panther was fouled after being sent off? There must be some kind of law against that....?

well that just proves what i said, they are simply awful

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Biccys
January 3, 2012, 11:22am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
That's kind of the point I was making....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Offside rule!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.