Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › IMps Fan in Peace!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 72 Guests

IMps Fan in Peace!!!

This thread currently has 11,709 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
January 1, 2012, 11:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ticker_1610
Give over, all the young lads at the front taunt most away keepers n laugh it off. He ain't complaining, the keeper ain't moaning and it won't change. Part n parcel of taunting away players. It might not be decorous behaviour but it happens!

I knew that would be the response I would get. I actually deleted this off my original post:

Obviously, being in a crowd, at the football, gives people the right to hurl abuse at anyone they want. Sorry, I forgot that it's part and parcel and I should just accept it.  

Spooky!

I didn't say the lad was complaining and neither should he. Being abused at your workplace by kids & divs must be incredibly hard not to respond to, I would imagine. Clearly some have no idea where the line is when it comes to "banter". I did find the chant to Lincoln's subs of "you're excrement and you're on the bench" was quite humoursome though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 109
Colonel Fishpaste
January 2, 2012, 3:36am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Superb 3-1 win, no taking the luster off a great victory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 109
aldi_01
January 2, 2012, 10:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think KOTK hit the nail on the head. Football fans can believe it is their right to abuse, chant etc negatives about a player, he responds in a much less offensive way and they react like he's just poked their sister or something...

Get a grip. It makes the fans look pathetic. They'll be abused more in their local pub. It's banter, just get on with it. It didn't incite a riot (not that there were enough gimps to riot anyway) and nobody got hurt...move on and find something worthwhile to complain about.

How about why your tinpot club is financially copulated and that without power you'd be well into the bottom four...

intercourse off you boring web footed, sister shagging half breeds...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 109
Helgy
January 2, 2012, 12:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from aldi_01
I think KOTK hit the nail on the head. Football fans can believe it is their right to abuse, chant etc negatives about a player, he responds in a much less offensive way and they react like he's just poked their sister or something...

Get a grip. It makes the fans look pathetic. They'll be abused more in their local pub. It's banter, just get on with it. It didn't incite a riot (not that there were enough gimps to riot anyway) and nobody got hurt...move on and find something worthwhile to complain about.

How about why your tinpot club is financially copulated and that without power you'd be well into the bottom four...

intercourse off you boring web footed, sister shagging half breeds...

I have to disagree about the Power comments granted he's played well in the last 2 games but he's not played like that all season and many a game his influence was not as goodand  he has gone missing in plenty of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 109
RoboCod
January 2, 2012, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Personally I hope Elding told them lot to F**k off, their wittering and whinging is enough to drive anyone to it. Still troubled times ahead for them I reckon, and now they have a manager who seems to be overdoing the getting-the-crowd-onside thing by blaming the officials for the result, giving no credit to the opposition, accusing them of 'long-ball'...it plays straight into the hands of these idiot Imps who believe Elding is 'gash' and that Perry was decent, meanwhile Town waltz off with 6 easy point from 2 games. Wakey wakey.

Great end to the old year, even greater start. Need to roll on now, though injuries and suspensions are worrying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 109
Marinerz93
January 2, 2012, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Not all of them like Perry and some have said they'd rather change him for Elding.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 109
RoboCod
January 2, 2012, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Marinerz93
Not all of them like Perry and some have said they'd rather change him for Elding.

I know they don't rate Sinclair too. Still not sure whether that big cheer from them wasn't because they thought Sinclair had got the red. Christophe looked all huff and puff and no little end product  too.
I reckon if Carshalton man mark Power and squeeze him all game they could get something there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 109
lukeo
January 2, 2012, 5:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Rob Peel
Firstly as much it pains me to say it ....well done on todays victory and the other last week god that hurts soooooooooooooooo much!!

Like a Grimsby view on the first and 3rd goals

1st looked a yard offisde Hern took it well but looked off side
3rd Granted i was at the other end of the ground but how the hell can a  penalty be given for that views please......

Very very disappointed by the actions of a GTF player can not say anymore at this stage in case i give a statement but very very disapointed.....

Positive reply from a non biased fan.. I was in the Upper Findus and the 1st goal was clearly onside. The penalty, hand ball is hand ball. This is going to suprise alot but I thought that penalty claim in the 1st half wasn't a penalty, everyone went crazy I honestly thought from my view he got the ball 1st so i sat still and didn't complain.

Negative view: Only thing I thought was negative was the fact when you got the ball out wide 90% of the time there were 4/5 Grimsby players defending v's 1 little guy for Lincoln.
Positive things to you... Your cm is quality. He passes the ball so well and his flicks and turns were superb. At fulltime, well done to your players and the majority of your fans. You'd just lost 2 games against your local rivals but yet both players and most of your fans stayed behind to clap eachother. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 109
Les Brechin
January 2, 2012, 10:22pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Rob says he's not bitter? Doesn't sound like it from his post below on the Lincoln Vitals Site.

Quoted Text

Well yesterday sumed it up for me why the support was as it was......Team in decline and people fed up with it....HOWEVER keep the faith with D.H speaks well on the radio clearly watches and sees the same game the fans do, does not suffer fools and it will be a strugle but he will i feel turn us around.......

Anyway yesterday got into Cleethrorpes half the pubs closed had a greasy disgusting bag of chips, cold sea wind, dog s**t everywhere and i mean everywhere do Clee folk not pick up their dog s**t!!!

Go for a beer in the Blundell park Hotel doorman clearly does not like the look of me and does not let me and the lads in.......S**t ground paid £1.50 for a an Asda smart price hot chocolate that i saw her scoop it from the disgusting conjieled tub.....

And what was all before the bloody game kicked off.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 109
Colonel Fishpaste
January 2, 2012, 10:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Maybe "Rob" is Aryan Imp on a windup?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › IMps Fan in Peace!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.