2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
November 13, 2011, 10:28am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Whilst it wasn't at the level of early September 2001, yesterday was a cracking day for supporters of GTFC and England. Without getting carried away with either result, it has to be said, both Town's draw at League 2 Port Vale, and England's victory over the World and European Champions Spain were excellent results under the circumstances.

A moment to savour, a day which makes you enjoy football, and more specifically being a Town fan, again.

Here's to hoping we can get our own scalp v Port Vale at the Park and dream a little bit more.

Up the Mariners!!!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
the Grimbarian
November 13, 2011, 11:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Finding out Town are being silly by charging FULL prices for the FA Cup reply have put the dampers on this now

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
psgmariner
November 13, 2011, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Having had £20 on Spain winning  was less than happy by the result!

Good defensive display from England though.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Simariner
November 13, 2011, 11:18am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Finding out Town are being silly by charging FULL prices for the FA Cup reply have put the dampers on this now

You just haven't got a clue have you.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 18
Super Clive
November 13, 2011, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1

Oh come on, wheres the Grimsby spirit gone?

We had a really good result yesterday, maybe if you had a few less pints before the match that would cover the few quid needed...

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
the Grimbarian
November 13, 2011, 11:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Simariner

You just haven't got a clue have you.

Watching England doesnt interest me if it was a choice England or Town  Town win everytime like yesterday

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Paris Mariner
November 13, 2011, 11:37am
Main Stander
Quoted from psgmariner
Having had £20 on Spain winning  was less than happy by the result!

Good defensive display from England though.

Haha. I had 5€ on loto foot or England to win pocketing me 18.50€ and I also had £5 with Will Hills on England to win bringing in £22.50. All in all, a cracking day.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
Paris Mariner
November 13, 2011, 11:46am
Main Stander

Watching England doesnt interest me if it was a choice England or Town  Town win everytime like yesterday

I think it's fair to say most football fans would choose club over country. England does offer supporters of clubs like ours an opportunity to support a team with some decent players and watch other decent teams. It also offers us the chance to travel Europe and the World supporting a team we actually like in the same way fans Man Utd, Liverpool and the like get to do in the European club competitions.

Also, I have to say, one of the best atmosphere's I ever experienced was an England qualifier at Old Trafford. I wasn't the best but it is in my top 5 without a doubt.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 18
cleeimp
November 13, 2011, 11:46am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Super Clive

Oh come on, wheres the Grimsby spirit gone?

We had a really good result yesterday, maybe if you had a few less pints before the match that would cover the few quid needed...

Myself Iam happy enough to pay the price after the lads display yesterday I think after yesterdays display it just might give them the kick start they need let us hope so anyway it would be great to finish off a bit higher than midtable.UTMM!!!

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
rancido
November 13, 2011, 12:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102

Biut you still complain because you can't pay a reduced price for a replay at BP against a team 1 division higher ? What a curious loyal supporter you are .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.