This thread currently has 1,692 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
newfootballer
November 12, 2011, 9:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Well the lads got a good result at the Vale today, gaining a vital draw to bring Vale back to Blundel Park for a replay.

This is where we the supporters can get behind the lads big style because I am sure we can beat Port Vale just with getting a solid backing on the night, instead of looking to have a go at players and Management at the club

Like I said on my original post this result today could kick start our season, what do you all think.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
voice of reason
November 12, 2011, 9:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from newfootballer
Well the lads got a good result at the Vale today, gaining a vital draw to bring Vale back to Blundel Park for a replay.

This is where we the supporters can get behind the lads big style because I am sure we can beat Port Vale just with getting a solid backing on the night, instead of looking to have a go at players and Management at the club

Like I said on my original post this result today could kick start our season, what do you all think.
NEWFOOTBALLER

It was a good result without doubt but I have my doubts as to whether this will kickstart our season... For me, from what I have seen and heard there are too many weak areas for us to put anything like a decent run together...

I don't think people get on the players or managers backs without what they see as good reason, whether you, I or anyone else agrees with them, it is bourne out of sheer frustration... In all fairness many people, myself included, are probably more critical just because of how long we have had to deal with such utter shite... I know it should have no bearing on how we view the new players or managers but I look at some things and think it's a case of here we go again and my patience just seems to be getting shorter and shorter...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Colonel Fishpaste
November 13, 2011, 4:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Our problem Is not talent, our mentality is all wrong, this dark cloud hanging over our club is our problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
newfootballer
November 13, 2011, 6:08am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from Colonel Fishpaste
Our problem Is not talent, our mentality is all wrong, this dark cloud hanging over our club is our problem.

Yes but we have to be positive and try to hope that the cloud that seems to be hanging over the clubs head is gradually dissapearing, I am really looking forward to the replay next week.

COME ON TOWN YOU CAN DO IT

NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
hook line and sinker
November 13, 2011, 7:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
The biggest positive yesterday was we kept a clean sheet thats what we need to work on and continue to do. There's no doubt we can beat port vale here just need the players to fancy it and turn up, A performance like when we played luton we will get a stuffing but if hearn brings his shooting boots i'd predict a comfortable win here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
MarinerJosh
November 13, 2011, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +3 / -5
We have a very young side when you look at it and yesterday was a huge step for them all. We have some players who have never played above semi-pro before and they have pulled a magnificent draw off at a very good Port Vale side. Hurst said the lads was buzzing in the dressing room after the match yesterday and I am not surprised. They came over to the away end yesterday and it was treated like a win.

Surely this can only inspire them?

Grimsby Town FC.

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/iwneic.jpg[/IMG]

One Love!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
marinerian
November 13, 2011, 10:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I agree their applause to the fans was a great gesture for the vocal support from our following.

We will back the young lads if we see determination and effort.

We are just no longer want to see leeches sucking our club of its money with no effort in return. UTM

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 13, 2011, 10:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Whatever the result of the replay if we can make ourselves hard to beat then we have a chance of turning things around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
acko338
November 13, 2011, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
We need to be aware that the young uns may make an odd bloomer, but match practice will bring better understanding of everyone's positions and how to deal with oppositions.

An away draw at league opposition must be a massive positive, especially with a clean sheet to go with it.

Consistency now as always will be looked for, it's what has been lacking all year - an excellent game followed by the lord mayor's no show next game - everyone knows that to rise up the table, a run of good results is needed - consecutive clean sheets will be the way forward, so....tighten the back , then encourage the rest that it is safe to have a go,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 14, 2011, 8:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,076
Gold Stars: 195
Quoted from Colonel Fishpaste

but, every cloud has a silver lining

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JUST THE RESULT WE NEED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.