Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who would you sack?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Who would you sack?

This thread currently has 2,263 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Grimsby69
October 24, 2011, 2:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
Whilst i am not a fan of the joint managers, maybe if we actually attended the games and got behind the club and players by singing town songs it is possible that things could improve.  

Continually sacking managers clearly has not worked for our club.

If this message board had been around in 1987 would you all of being advocating that Alan Buckley, get the sack after 18 games as we only had 2 more point then we currently have (after 23 games were on only 26 points).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Koggmaster
October 24, 2011, 2:29pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Quoted from davmariner
I'd sack Fenty. In fact if I had the money I'd give him the poxy £3 million that he's after and I'd ban him from Blundell Park for life.

Totally agree with that !!!   His decision making in the appointment of inexperienced club managers has been the single most important reason this club has free-falled through 3 leagues !!!

I'd go further and ban him from Grimsby !!!   Chain him outside to the lighthouse at Spurn Point with little more than a Scunthorpe United home kit on !!!!

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
VictorMeldrewsDad
October 24, 2011, 2:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Quoted from TAGG

I did say "if we lose to them "   
What do you mean "give us a chance to be shite first" we are excrement

I think we have been worse. Results haven't been good but i don't think they have had enough time yet. I don't think the pressure of being sacked will do anyone any good. I didn't expect us to be tearing up any trees this season anyway. The end of next season, If we still have a club, Will be the time to judge them.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
AndyGTFC
October 24, 2011, 4:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Neither of the managers should be sacked yet. This shouldn't even be talked about again. We shouldn't have sacked Woods when we did (although he should never have got the job in the first place) and we shouldn't be contemplating yet another change now.

We need to give managers the time. People underestimate this league. It is very hard to get out of and you can't expect someone to do it overnight. It's no coincidence that the last four sides to have come down from the Football League are doing poorly. It's not just us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
RonMariner
October 24, 2011, 4:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,914
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Neither of the managers should be sacked yet. This shouldn't even be talked about again. We shouldn't have sacked Woods when we did (although he should never have got the job in the first place) and we shouldn't be contemplating yet another change now.

We need to give managers the time. People underestimate this league. It is very hard to get out of and you can't expect someone to do it overnight. It's no coincidence that the last four sides to have come down from the Football League are doing poorly. It's not just us.

Plus Luton, Wrexham, Mansfield, York and Cambridge have been down here for several seasons. It is a tough place to get out of.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Dan
October 24, 2011, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
It's October. Course we're talking about sacking the manager. I can't remember an October when we haven't been.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who would you sack?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.