2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
October 23, 2011, 7:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Someone mentioned playing 3-5-2 on here, which I think would be worth the crack. The excuses are constant everytime from S&H, and at the end of the day the pick the squad and formation and train the tactics.

I think what would work is to exploit the wings, go from wing to wing having disley switching the play and keep the ball towards the strikers on the deck, this oof ball business is shocking and unclassy football. I'Hanson plays calm at the back, he played brilliant with garner last season, kempson should be outed and have charlie and garner as cb's.

Logged Offline
Private Message
mr viv
October 23, 2011, 9:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from OneLove
Someone mentioned playing 3-5-2 on here, which I think would be worth the crack. The excuses are constant everytime from S&H, and at the end of the day the pick the squad and formation and train the tactics.

I think what would work is to exploit the wings, go from wing to wing having disley switching the play and keep the ball towards the strikers on the deck, this oof ball business is shocking and unclassy football. I'Hanson plays calm at the back, he played brilliant with garner last season, kempson should be outed and have charlie and garner as cb's.

3 5 2 you have 3 centre halfs!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
codhead91
October 23, 2011, 10:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
That would put too much reliance on our wingers to track their opposite number to prevent our defence becoming out numbered. Coulson may track back during games now, but Makofo/Eagle don't. We'd risk our defensive being massively exposed, and S&H seem set on picking a back 4. So I doubt they'd consider changing it. I don't really think that the tactics we use are the problem, for me it is largely that players that we have. We've got nobody throughout the team who is confident enough to play football on the deck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
RoboCod
October 23, 2011, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from mr viv

3 5 2 you have 3 centre halfs!!

Sweeper ! Oh yes....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
VictorMeldrewsDad
October 23, 2011, 10:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Maybe we should teach them how to take corners and free kicks before we move onto the complicated stuff like tactics.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
aldi_01
October 23, 2011, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Do the chuckle bothers know what tactics are?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
grimsby pete
October 23, 2011, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from aldi_01
Do the chuckle bothers know what tactics are?

Yes, they say, " never mind the ball. just run around a lot "

NO ?

Then why are they doing that ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
I believe in Cod
October 23, 2011, 12:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Stick Hearn on freecicks, corners and throw ins, give him a free role and everytime anyone gets the ball give it to him. That's what a few people in the Lower Smiths seem to think the best tactic to be...

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
AndyGTFC
October 23, 2011, 12:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
It doesn't matter what tactics we play, our defence is still likely to make errors and that is the biggest problem of all. Like someone else said, we need to learn how to take set pieces first!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
80sglory
October 23, 2011, 10:02pm
Guest User
I agree Andy but the less you have to defend the better too.

I just think it's our failure to win the midfield battle at times which means we are defending for sustained periods.  

Not so worried about the Ashingtons and Alfretons but think not having 3 in the middle of midfield has been our undoing against the better teams.

Often the midfield gets overrun or we lose the ball and then EVERYONE is back defending.
So I don't think 3 at the back and expecting midfielders like e.g. Coulson and Makofo to track back is a huge issue if they're used to doing it.

That extra man in midfield could mean we have less defending to do (especially if we can learn to hang on to the ball !)
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tactics

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.